Handyman Carnby Achievement Guide(s)

jokerxbl

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah..finally..I went through every single combination over and over and it just wouldn't pop up! Then I realized I hadn't taped up a bloodpack so I spent forver trying to find one..then when I found one and taped it up, it still didn't unlock! So out of frustrastion, I became a master taper and just started taping every single thing I could find..eventually, I taped a glowstick, which I had done many times before, and it finally unlocked! 1000 points and I will never play this game ever again :)

• 2 weeks later...
i just got his achievement 5 mins ago and i'll post what i did for it.

Explosive plastic bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + flare

explosive plastic bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + glowstick

explosive plastic bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + bullets

empty plastic bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + flare

empty plastic bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + glowstick

empty plastic bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + bullets

explosive plastic bottle + double sided tape + bandages + flare

explosive plastic bottle + double sided tape + bandages + glowstick

explosive plastic bottle + double sided tape + bandages + bullets

empty plastic bottle + double sided tape + bandages + flare

empty plastic bottle + double sided tape + bandages + glowstick

empty plastic bottle + double sided tape + bandages + bullets

explosive glass bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + flare

explosive glass bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + glowstick

explosive glass bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + bullets

empty glass bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + flare

empty glass bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + glowstick

empty glass bottle + double sided tape + handkerchief + bullets

explosive glass bottle + double sided tape + bandages + flare

explosive glass bottle + double sided tape + bandages + glowstick

explosive glass bottle + double sided tape + bandages + bullets

empty glass bottle + double sided tape + bandages + flare

empty glass bottle + double sided tape + bandages + glowstick

empty glass bottle + double sided tape + bandages + bullets

empty glass bottle + water

empty plastic bottle + water

bloodpack + double sided tape

glowstick + double sided tape

flare + double sided tape

spray bottle + double sided tape + bandages + flare

spray bottle + double sided tape + bandages + glowstick

spray bottle + double sided tape + bandages + bullets

there are two best locations for doing this

1st area: Near center of map by lake, its an underground storage area (has big circle design near it)

2nd area: Lowest left area of map big house has flood lights outside of building. Has fire hose you use to climb down from the 2nd floor (near first root of evil)

you do need the blood combos!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
lol i did every thing including the taped blood pack until i figured out i had to combine ammo box with gun and BAM!!! acheivement unlocked

Same thing here, I was in the sewers grabbing an anti-rust spray so I could tape a flare to it, and combined ammo box with the gun before I went up the ladder, and OH YIS! achievement.

Which had me thinking, I taped a flare with med spray before, but not the rust or mosquito sprays. So I'm guessing that for spray bottle combos, it doesn't matter which type of spray you have for taping up and attaching items to it, so long as its a spray. maybe? Just throwing it out there.

Thanks for the helpful guides, couldn't have done it without them. :woop:

I got the achievement as soon as I taped up the Blood Pack. I was on Episode 7, about half the way through. I had don't a bunch of the combinations listed in the guide, but still had loads of them to do, like the Flare ones. Seeing as so many people are getting the achievement just from tapping the Blood Pack, maybe the achievement is glitched? If so, it's a good glitch and saves loads of time.

OR maybe doing some stuff is just duplicating the final result. Example: Tape an explosive Plastic Bottle+Bullets and it has the same name as a Tapped Empty Plastic Bottle+Bullets. I don't think the achievement needs EVERY possible combination, just the combos that have a unique name.

i just got the achievement as well by taping up the blood pack, I had spent about 1-2 hours re-doing every combination that I had done before puzzled as hell as to what I could have missed, i know 100% that I had taped up a blood pack in one of the earlier chapters the first time I came across it though, so this achievement is very much glitched, i figure if anyone is having any trouble getting the handyman carnby achievement they should tape up a bloodpack again before doing anything else and see what happens, just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I unlocked this one after making a combo I know I had made many times before. (tape + explosive plastic bottle + rag = molotov cocktail IIRC ) But I did use this guide to make all of the combos listed earlier.

So I'd suggest ticking off the combos listed here and if you still don't get it just make random combos you've made before and hopefully it will trigger.

I wish when devs made achievements like this they would add a 'Stats' page to the pause menu where you could see exactly where you stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Spray Can + Tape + Flare was the one that did it for me. Thought I'd have one last tinker before I worked myself through the guide. Taped everything I could and all the combos I could think of (using the contents of that water filled room with the lift in it).

I thought the game was pretty damn good, for what it's worth.

• 2 weeks later...
1ST area: Near center of map by lake, its an underground storage area (has big circle design near it)

Is that the same lake with the causeway that cuts through the middle of it?

2ND area: Lowest left area of map big house has flood lights outside of building. has fire hose you use to climb down from the 2nd floor (near first root of evil)

Isn't that sort of near the root of evil that's on a "island"?

• 4 weeks later...

To make it a little clearer for anyone still having trouble (probably no one acept me until 5 minutes ago. heh). As suggested somewhat by others above me, you do not need to make all the different combos of the one Final item.

For example:

"Plastic Bottle + Tape + flare" is the same result as "Taped plastic bottle + Taped Flare", or "Plastic Bottle + taped flare"... etc etc.

I am also reasonably sure you do not need to use both Bandage and Hanky. I say this as I did not realise you could use Bandage for this combo, so I am 99% sure I got the chiev using only hanky (or.. rag)

Also, you do not need to use water to fill a bottle, you can use Fuel or Alcohol as well. You DO need to fill a bottle, as this was the final combo I did to unlock the chiev. (Fuel from a plastic bottle into an empty Glass bottle if you are interested in exacts).

Hope this helped settle the muddy areas for all us slow pokes still playing the game. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa I just got this achievement without even doing all the requirements. I never filled anything with water and never used empty plastic bottles or handkerchiefs. I don't even think I did all combinations for spray can. Only used explosive bottle and explosive glass bottle and combined double sided tape with bandages, glowstick, flare, and bullets. Also did double sided tape to flare, glowstick and bloodpack individually. Also poured 1% or something of glass bottle into molotov bottle. And of course did the combinations for the other achievements.

• 2 weeks later...

After literally 2 hours of redoing combinations of everything on these lists, turning off my 360 three times only to turn it back on in frustration, you know what it finally was?

I had not combined the ammo box with the 44. Yes I did it with the 9mm, but I was only using the reload button since the first time I reloaded my 9mm.

• 2 weeks later...

lol, can someone post a link with an image with the best location?? (I am doing the guide for the first post) so, i dont no where i have to go :s

EDIT:

nevermind i´ve just unlock handyman carnby yeahhhh :p :woop:

Edited by Enato

• 3 weeks later...

I think for this achievement you have to just have combine a certain amount of items ie, if there are 100 combinations in the game and you get say 90 the achievement might unlock. I think this as many people say that you dont need to combine the blood pack with anything but when i combined a blood pack with tape i got the achievement. I printed off the list from this guide and marked off as i combined however, you cannot combine a bandage with a spray bottle so the next combo i tried was the blood pack and PING!!!

Hey, I have a question, right now I am going for the root and handyman achievement, so I am just skipping around episodes, anyway I don't wanna lose my root progress, so when I make combinations for the Handyman achievement will it still remember I made the combo when I don't save it? if not I guess I just have to do the roots first then :(

ok thx bro, anyway if I save by selecting episodes will it remove my progess on the roots? or only if I start a new game? :)

And in the guide it says bullets, does that mean I have to use an ammo box?

Edited by sebash

• 2 weeks later...

Double sided tape-blood pack was the winner for me.

I completed the game and started with weird ones that I know I hadn't done yet so I wouldn't have to go through all of them again.

And its very random because I know for a fact I never used the emergency flare with anything else, so there are a few combos with that alone that I know I didn't do.

Very random, but O SO GLAD I got it. :D