Roots of Evil Discussion

Sms4001

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there were a few that I was a.) either struggling for equipment to protect myself and burn the root or b.) working out some elaborate plan to get the bitch to burn :p

Can't wait till someone puts up a map/guide/chapter location. I'm really struggling to come across any :(

On Chapter 8, they all appear on the map. Don't worry about them till then.

just sticky a can or bottle to one of the vampirz then run back a bit. they should retreat back. when they do get to a distance where you can auto aim the vampirz as they hover around the root. fire everytime a vampirz is around the root, you will know when you hit the can or bottle. 3 or 4 attempts ahould do it.

Here is how i did it.

1st get a taped molotov cocktail, turn on the machine so that the big metal piece is in the centre, light your molotov and aim aim at the big metal piece, Run back to the switch turn it on so the machine starts turning. When the molotov is near the root turn off the machine and let it burn.

Ive tried this over 50 times an nothing happens, where abouts do you throw the cocktail on the metal thing, as no matter where i throw it the branch wont burn.

Here is how i did it.

1st get a taped molotov cocktail, turn on the machine so that the big metal piece is in the centre, light your molotov and aim aim at the big metal piece, Run back to the switch turn it on so the machine starts turning. When the molotov is near the root turn off the machine and let it burn.

still can get that root of evil your talking about

can you explain it a little more, i've been trying almost 2 hours now

and still can get it :confused:

You need to combine a handkerchief/bandage with an explosive bottle and double sided tape. Then equip this with the lighter. I turned on the machine and just threw it on the cilinder when it came on the right. I think I've started aiming (when you do is you light your molotov cocktail and the timer starts thicking before it explodes) when it was where the root was. Just throw it against the cilinder when it comes from the right and watch it explode at the root.

You need to combine a handkerchief/bandage with an explosive bottle and double sided tape. Then equip this with the lighter. I turned on the machine and just threw it on the cilinder when it came on the right. I think I've started aiming (when you do is you light your molotov cocktail and the timer starts thicking before it explodes) when it was where the root was. Just throw it against the cilinder when it comes from the right and watch it explode at the root.

that's not true it always explodes before it gets behind the fence

This is probably the dumbest one to be "stuck on" but I am curious if I am just misunderstanding the "puzzle" behind it or if it's some sort of bug I am encountering.

The root in the middle of the big grassfield on an elevated rock section with a ramp leading upto it with 3 fires. I figure all I need to do is drive my car up the ramp really fast, jump over to the root and burn it. But every time I get to the ramp even if I drive to it perfectly the car slows down automatically as soon as I hit the ramp, making the jump fail every time.

Am I just unlucky and keep trying till the game starts being annoying or am I missing some sort of "puzzle" element I need to solve here?

Edit: NVM, I seemed to just be unlucky.. did it in FP view and didn't get the car slowing down...

Edited by Asgorath
Figured it out myself