Roots of Evil Discussion

Sms4001

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm on chapter 6 at the moment and i'm doing the root thats right next to the big lake [go inside teh building, down to ladders into the black stuff on the floor] its protected by the metal fencing and everytime i throw a bottle it sticks to the fence. tried all sorts of combinations of throwing techniques different lengths/heights etc and having no luck. any ideas?

any tips on getting out of said room as well? i tried throwing glowsticks into spots where i would need them [ie. the corner and right in front of the ladder] but the one i throw towards the ladder keeps moving with the black liquid :|

sorry >.<

See previous answers as this one has been asked before and been answered before in this topic.

Basically: Sticky to a bottle, throw on it on one of the metal things that can move, use the machine to make it move to the root, stop it again. shoot it... BOOM :p

I'm currently in the museum. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that root I missed? Do you end up going back outside? Or can I use the scene select thing to get it (without messing up my achievements)?

You can do all roots at late as episode 8.1 (when you also will finally get them all). But not after anymore, al through I think you can just do them skipping back to 8.1 and just continuing then after having finished the game. Dunno, I cleared them all out in 8.1. You can't "miss" one before that.

One question, guys. Which is the episode/part to start looking for roots? Since I haven't finished the game yet and I'm not sure if certain areas of Central Park are locked until later in the game. Thanks.

I have the Prima guide and it shows where all the roots are but don't know if it's ok to show them here though.

Edited by ldsdrive
Added one more question.

You can do all roots at late as episode 8.1 (when you also will finally get them all). But not after anymore, al through I think you can just do them skipping back to 8.1 and just continuing then after having finished the game. Dunno, I cleared them all out in 8.1. You can't "miss" one before that.

thanks again Asgorath.

I went up there but could only find one root :(

Scout it out again, only 3 (or 4?) rooms basically. The central one where you came in and a root on the left in one of the rooms there (a bit where the fisure comes from that attacks you) and one in the right room (where you can also climb down out of the window).

You missed two actually. It's quite hard to see, but where you got the first one on the wall there is an electircal box. Connect the wire's to make a lift appear, take the lift and upstairs are two more roots (watch out for the fisure that will come at you).

I can't get the fuse box to work, gone through all the combination (started on left set cycle through right, switch wire on left, cycle through right again) and none of them worked (blue+blue electrocuted me)

Think this might be a bug, anyone else had this problem ?

I can't get the fuse box to work, gone through all the combination (started on left set cycle through right, switch wire on left, cycle through right again) and none of them worked (blue+blue electrocuted me)

Think this might be a bug, anyone else had this problem ?

Dont hold the wires so close if you have a ark you have the right ones, just keep one hand back and bring the other one in slowly. Also if you are where I think you are You need to watch the lights in the fusebox. Only connect the wires, when it´s green...I think it does a little beep as well.

Edited by madcap1

Dont hold the wires so close if you have a ark you have the right ones, just keep one hand back and bring the other one in slowly. Also if you are where I think you are You need to watch the lights in the fusebox. Only connect the wires, when it´s green...I think it does a little beep as well.

Thanks, worked a charm

im stuck with the one on the TOP left of the MAP.

it shows a cut scene with bats or whatever they are flaying around a statue.

now I cant seem to get anything up high enough to blow up the root.

any ideas?

Use a taped bottle on a bat and shoot it when it flies close. I've also heard more ultimate bombs (like ammo + bottle) have a larger blast radious and can as such hit it, but I did it the sticking it to a bat way...

I can't figure out ANY on 7.4 in order to advance. I'm really struggling..I doubt I'll get any of them.

the one you posted about in your topic is somewhere like this

start from the castle grab a car and head east along the main road (the way you can tell is by the compass arrow orange is north) keep going along the path and then u will come to that broken off area that mahalo talked about. follow the path to the right of that and continue along the road and you will see a ramp that you need to drive up and it will launch a car into the root.

sry best explanation i can give