The good guys? *SPOILERS*

ReignerRuler

*Spoilers!!!*

Okay so having played through the game (though did skip one part) im curious as to who the good guys actually are, since the path of light leads to the conclusion of Lucifer coming and possesing either Edward or Sarah in the end, does this mean that Crowley and co. trying to fulfil the path of darkness makes them the good guys? Or is the ending achievement of Edward being possesed symbolic to the outcome of the path of darkness?

If crowley followed his path would it be a 'good' ending rather than the 'bad or badder' endings? Im confused as to whether this makes Theopile a villian, Crowley a hero and Edward/Sarah a martyr?

The way I interpreted it was that Lucifer would have broken lose eventually, regardless of what everyone else did. By following the Path of Light and releasing Lucifer ahead of schedule - in the process tempering himself via the burning of the Evil Roots, regaining his memory, and otherwise freeing himself from being the minion of ultimate evil - Carnby is essentially making sure that there's some hope for the world. If Crowley had his way, or if Lucifer broke out without someone around to kick him in the teeth, that'd pretty much just be game over, end of the world.

This way, there's someone who knows what's going on and has the determination, resolve and strength to do something about it.Sure, its the apocalypse, but in the "world altering" instead of "world ending" way.

Just my 2 cents, though.

What I get from the story in that sense is that his release was a bit accidental. Mostly Theophile trying to save Carnby from being damned, but all in all making it much worse. And he did that due to the influence of Crowley as I understand it. Forcing him to do it. Crowley pretty much wants ultimate power and the amulet (or combined amulet) to fuse with Satan and become all powerful. Not realizing that he'll be consumed by it.

Carnby seems just rightfully fucked. Just not knowing what he is doing to be honest.

The old templer/key guy. On the one hand he split up the amulet so it could never be reunited, but on the other he build an entire machine to let Satan into the world (ok, he was tricked into making the gateway, but still he does seem kinda excited it is finally opening and like it was always meant to be anyway - hoping that Carnby will make the right choice at that point in time).

What I think it's meant to be is that Satan will come to the world anyway and that they tried to stop it as long as possible by breaking up the amulet until somebody worthy to make the right choice would show up, somebody who would not be 100% corrupted by the amulet. But that the day itself would be unavoidable. The last free act of man could either be love or murder. You are handed both options. Crowley would for sure have gone for murder.

In the end however the world seems doomed either way. But perhaps by acting out of love you saved the immortal soul of mankind while in the other you damn it forever.

Edited by Asgorath