Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These achievements don't look hard at all. They'll take a bit of time to get everyone to level 5 on every role. It's kind of like Blue Dragon in that sense, probably not as extreme though. Only one playthrough is required and there are no missable achievements. I think this is going to be too easy to max out.....I love final fantasy, and I was really hoping for a challenge. I have a feeling this will join my maxed out stack very soon :/

Most of the achievements are secret (darn it).

And when you do get them it's just some dumb saying eg

"Instrument of Fate=Took the first steps toward challenging an unjust fate"

Then the ones that aren't secret are for mastering things, which sounds like it will take a while.

Budget. This one seems to be alot like 10 so far, I've only played it for an hour so far.

Lots of battle scenes. One thing I don't like is you don't get exp for battles, it seems they are pretty much pointless in making you good, you just battle to get through the level. Been looking forward to this game for like 2 years I think. *sigh*

Lots of battle scenes. One thing I don't like is you don't get exp for battles, it seems they are pretty much pointless in making you good, you just battle to get through the level. Been looking forward to this game for like 2 years I think. *sigh*

You do start getting CP later on in the game for battles. You're still in the insanely long "tutorial" phase of the game.

I'm sorely disappointed in the "collect all weapons and items" achievement. To me these are the single player RPG equivalent of the "gain rank X in multiplayer" achievements in shooters. The sole purpose of the achievement, it seems, is to make you sink endless hours into the game. Although one could at least argue the collect all items achieves in RPGs are designed to get you to "experience the game" more thoroughly by forcing you to look around the world they created.

At the same time, I'm also happy about this achievement simply because it sets apart the casual players that won't put the time and effort into it from those of us that will focus, buckle down, and get the achievement. Dang these mixed emotions! FF XIII sure as shootin won't be the game to break my 100% completion even if it takes 500 hours! I highly doubt it will take more than 100 or 150 hours tops to 1k though. Should be a fun ride. :)

im a little confused about the basis for getting 5 stars in battles :x sometimes ill finish around 20 seconds under target time and still not get it, cant figure out what factors into that.

anyways for the achievements, is the loremaster just using libra on 100 different enemies?

I'm not very far in, but I'm wondering about some of the "mission" related achievements. Especially the ones that require 5 stars. Do you only have one shot, or can you retry it WITHOUT having to reload a previous save? I don't want to mess up and have to replay the entire game to get an achievement...

I have a question about L'Cie Paragon... is there a way in-game to tell which marks you have already 5 starred? Or will I have to go through the few that I've done again to make sure they are 5 starred?

Edit: Nvm, I'm apparently blind lol. Never noticed the 'push X to view mission list' on the bottom of the map screen.

Edited by Ze11os