Minty

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a good car for this? The 1966 Ford GT40 is fast with all the upgrades done to it, but is a bit skittish in the turns at high speed. I'd rather try something a bit more stable even if it's not quite as fast.

I'm not aware of any roadblocks to me being able to participate on the 28th.

There's a good chance my family will be doing our Christmas that day since we'll be going to visit family on Christmas day, so it would just have to be later in the day (Say after 6PM or so). I wouldn't be able to do the morning or early afternoon, most likely.

Also, it would be best to know we're on for sometime the 28th the day before. I don't want to check this thread some evening and find out it just finished. I want the credits (Of course), but more so, I would hate to have my name on your list and end up not showing up to help everyone else out that signed up.

Looking to boost 1,000,000 credits online as well. GT is Beachem. I have a few friends on my list interested as well. I'm hoping to get a big group together to accomplish this

You should find out and have them post their names here to get on the list. Also, you should have them send a friend's request to "x360a boost".

Also, you, NZ Deadman NZ, and digitalPulse need to send a friend's request to"x360a boost". He very clearly stated that people here should post to get their name on the list and send a friend's request. He shouldn't have to manually enter every single person down in Xbox Live and have to send a friend's request out.

Edited by Atariboy

Does anyone know of a good car for this? The 1966 Ford GT40 is fast with all the upgrades done to it, but is a bit skittish in the turns at high speed. I'd rather try something a bit more stable even if it's not quite as fast.

If you apply the aerodynamic body add-ons (the Forza 2 front and rear spoilers) and in the tuning settings put all the aerodynamic options right to cornering, the GT40 will handle the track nicely while keeping up a top speed of around 250mph. Remember to fiddle with the gearing ratios so it can actually get there.

I've been trying to look for a decent tuning set-up online but it appears to be very tricky to find one. Just altering the aerodynamics and the gearing keeps things simple - and when I was racing the fastest ghost around the track I was down about 3 seconds, so over 75 consistent laps I would only lose 3 minutes and 45 seconds against the fastest ever achieved time. Not exactly the end of the world.

I'm in desperate need to finally finish this damn game. I was in a similar 9-group kind of thing before, but when I finished the race, my xbox froze and I got 0 credit for that race! :mad:

Please reply to this or PM me if you guys have extra room. :)

GT: Tarento7386

I'm in desperate need to finally finish this damn game. I was in a similar 9-group kind of thing before, but when I finished the race, my xbox froze and I got 0 credit for that race! :mad:

Please reply to this or PM me if you guys have extra room. :)

GT: Tarento7386

I added you, but in future i expect people who want to join to add "x360a Boost" as a friend.

Good news, we have 15 people now. Good chance of us getting full games going :). From the online times in my firends list seems alot of you guys are online at GMT 0000-0300. How does this time suit everyone.

That's around 8-10PM Eastern time, I believe? That sounds just about ideal from my point of view and I imagine most others (I suspect many of us are from the United States and Canada).

Sounds like a good plan as long as no one has any objections.

Sweet, got 17 people wanting to do this now haha. Epic.

Hey everyone.

Organizing to boost this on the 27th of decemeber at 2300 GMT (1500PST, 1800EST, 0900) for a few hours. If all goes well do the same on the 28th. (Those dates are +1 day for NZ/AUS/ASIA)

Im sending this to boosters now

Edit. Done, hope i didnt miss anyone.

Edited by In Touch

Thanks for the setup advice, Kalvaza. I already adjusted the gearing to maximize speed, but didn't dig any further. Increasing the downforce of the car should help quite a bit.

Hey everyone.

Organizing to boost this on the 27th of decemeber at 2300 GMT (1500PST, 1800EST, 0900) for a few hours. If all goes well do the same on the 28th. (Those dates are +1 day for NZ/AUS/ASIA)

Sounds good.

Not aware of any reason at this time why I won't be able to attend both sessions.

need help with these damn online achievements.....send a friend request with a message

The organizer that is handling the logistics of this asked for interested parties to send a friend's request to the account that he's using to manage everything with.

Michelang3lo (hit me up on the 27th with u guys)

Don't forget to send a friend's request to x360a Boost like he kindly requested everyone that wishes to join in to do.

Edited by Atariboy

Hey everyone.

Im sending this to boosters now

Edit. Done, hope i didnt miss anyone.

I never got a message, but it sounds OK to me.

When exactly are we doing this? You said "2300 GMT (1500PST, 1800EST, 0900)".

1800 EST was two hours ago.

I didn't log in until about 1805 EST, did I miss everyone somehow? I hung around playing Forza 2 in single player for the better part of two hours thinking maybe things were a bit behind schedule.

Did I screw up somehow?

When exactly are we doing this? You said "2300 GMT (1500PST, 1800EST, 0900)".

1800 EST was two hours ago.

I didn't log in until about 1805 EST, did I miss everyone somehow? I hung around playing Forza 2 in single player for the better part of two hours thinking maybe things were a bit behind schedule.

Did I screw up somehow?

Hate to tell you mate, but yeah. Did you not get the invites I sent you?

I was on at 11pm GMT. After messing around for about an hour, In Touch started up a lobby so I thought it was just something to do with daylight savings that confused me.

After a little while, the maximum number of people we got in a lobby was 6 (from what I saw), and we just started with that and raced for the sake of racing. I think I was the only one with a tuned GT40 so I went out in front and everybody else quit to let me finish but since the lobby wasn't full I only got about 140,000 credits. Not sure everybody else got their shot...

All in all, a bit of a flop, but I remain optimistic! Same time again tomorrow?

I never got any invites, or I'd of joined in.

I spent most of the time after 11PM GMT doing the time trials and finally finished those to get the achievement. And I worked on the setup of my GT40 to get the gearing right and get it to handle better following your suggestions. So the time didn't go to waste at least. :)

I sent In Touch a message at one point when I was starting to wonder what was up, but he didn't get back to me (Must've been after your guys race had started).

I'll try to be around tomorrow night, I don't see at this time why I wouldn't be able to make it. Hopefully it's more of a success and a more productive evening for everyone.

Edited by Atariboy

I never got any invites, or I'd of joined in.

I spent most of the time after 11PM GMT doing the time trials and finally finished those to get the achievement. And I worked on the setup of my GT40 to get the gearing right and get it to handle better following your suggestions. So the time didn't go to waste at least. :)

I sent In Touch a message at one point when I was starting to wonder what was up, but he didn't get back to me (Must've been after your guys race had started).

I'll try to be around tomorrow night, I don't see at this time why I wouldn't be able to make it. Hopefully it's more of a success and a more productive evening for everyone.

I invited you a couple of times, must not have got them.

Edited by In Touch