Finally clarifacation on switching difficulties on the last battle!

CRAPYKAUH

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Dethklok, i have your verification.

I tried once and it didn't work. I just loaded up the save i made just before the fight, switched to hard, beat him and didn't unlock the cheeves.

The second time, I started a new game on hard, then when i was in the water outside i just quit without saving then clicked 'Continue' so it would take me to the boss fight. switched difficulty to hard beat him again and unlocked them both.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/S-/xy/0ICLiGJhbC9FFQUbXVdRGEQ4L2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn-138UA==.jpgBrass Balls

Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber

100 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Acquired 16/12/2008

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ie/8w/1ICLiGJhbC9DFQUbXVdRGEQ4L2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn+x-vOg==.jpgSeriously Good At This

The player has completed the game on the hardest difficulty setting.

40 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Acquired 16/12/2008

Thanks OP =]

Just did it on my first try. I started on hard, went until you see the 2 slicers looting the big daddy ( It's in welcome to rapture not to far into the level. Where you get the achievement for electrifying the slicers in the water. ) I saved my game and then loaded my save that was located just before going up the elevator. I then switched it to Hard, and made a new save. Then I reloaded my recent save where I switched it to hard. Went up and defeated him. Got Brass balls achievement and the one for beating it on the hardest difficulty.

It is confirmed and I did it on my first try.

I'm not sure if you can turn of vita chambers right before the boss. I ran through the game on easy with vita chambers off. So, if you already close to the end, I would try it, just switch vita chambers too off when you change hard, then do the process I said above.

If your starting from the beginning then turn off vita chambers to be save. If your playing on easy, you won't die anyway.

Just did it on my first try. I started on hard, went until you see the 2 slicers looting the big daddy ( It's in welcome to rapture not to far into the level. Where you get the achievement for electrifying the slicers in the water. ) I saved my game and then loaded my save that was located just before going up the elevator. I then switched it to Hard, and made a new save. Then I reloaded my recent save where I switched it to hard. Went up and defeated him. Got Brass balls achievement and the one for beating it on the hardest difficulty.

It is confirmed and I did it on my first try.

I'm not sure if you can turn of vita chambers right before the boss. I ran through the game on easy with vita chambers off. So, if you already close to the end, I would try it, just switch vita chambers too off when you change hard, then do the process I said above.

If your starting from the beginning then turn off vita chambers to be save. If your playing on easy, you won't die anyway.

For every 2 people that say it works, there's 50 people who say it does not.

But from those 50 people, I wonder how many actually did exactly what that OP said. Some just said it didn't work and didn't go through the steps they went through. Them 2 guys went through every detail. I'll try this when my brother gets off the Xbox.

Well either way, It worked for me. Maybe you should try it, the same way I did it. Guarantee it will work. My friend just did it on his xbox yesterday and it worked. So who ever it isn't working isn't doing it right.

I'll probably give this a try after we get our 360 fixed. If it works, great, if not, then I just have to play through on Hard. No biggie either way really. ^_^

Just make sure you make a save before you use the elevator to fontaine (just incase it goes wrong).

And then when it auto saves at the top of the elevator, quit, start new on hard, then quit without saving and load up the auto saved file named "Fontaine".

Change difficulty in options before the fight begins.and win.

Voila!

That's exactly what I did, you can't fail ;) lol

Dethlok, relax and stop being such an anal pirate. Honestly its just the internet, we're discussing games. Passing knowledge, giving tips and hints, advice and so forth for an ultimate goal of quite simply, mere achievements.

cry me a river then build a bridge and GET OVER IT!. If you don't like me asking a question then 1) don't read this thread and 2) don't reply. simple isn't it? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the whole idea of a forum is to ask questions, express your ideas and/or opinions

Seems like you're the one doing all the crying. Secondly, no need to get your knickers all twisted, as this is exactly what we're doing, having a discussion.

Edited by Abernethy

Dethlok, relax and stop being such an anal pirate. Honestly its just the internet, we're discussing games. Passing knowledge, giving tips and hints, advice and so forth for an ultimate goal of quite simply, mere achievements.

Seems like you're the one doing all the crying. Secondly, no need to get your knickers all twisted, as this is exactly what we're doing, having a discussion.

Why'd you have to bring this arguement back to life? lol

I thought it'd been dropped and we all moved on :p

chrisnottm hit the nail on the head.

After finishing the campaign on EASY without using a Vita-Chamber (I wasn't even aware of a Disable option, but I managed to avoid getting killed), I tried three different times to earn Brass Balls and ...Good at This by changing the difficulty to HARD before I stepped out of the elevator to confront Fontaine. Each time, it did not work.

So I followed chrisnottm's instruction: assuming you're where I was and fifty feet in front of Fontaine's spliced ass, start a NEW GAME on HARD and quit out of it after the opening cinematic (when you first gain control of the player). Go to CONTINUE and you'll be back in front of Fontaine. Change the difficulty in the options menu to HARD and whoop his ass, (Freeze Blast when he's on fire, Incinerate when he's blue, Electro Shock + Grenade Launcher to finish the job). Once the Little Sisters topple and stab his ass and the closing scene begins, "2 for 140G" will pop up.

After finishing the campaign on EASY without using a Vita-Chamber (I wasn't even aware of a Disable option, but I managed to avoid getting killed), I tried three different times to earn Brass Balls and ...Good at This by changing the difficulty to HARD before I stepped out of the elevator to confront Fontaine. Each time, it did not work.

So I followed chrisnottm's instruction: assuming you're where I was and fifty feet in front of Fontaine's spliced ass, start a NEW GAME on HARD and quit out of it after the opening cinematic (when you first gain control of the player). Go to CONTINUE and you'll be back in front of Fontaine. Change the difficulty in the options menu to HARD and whoop his ass, (Freeze Blast when he's on fire, Incinerate when he's blue, Electro Shock + Grenade Launcher to finish the job). Once the Little Sisters topple and stab his ass and the closing scene begins, "2 for 140G" will pop up.

Haha congratulations :p

Glad it's starting to work for people now lol

I appreciate Guilty Trace's affirmation for this, but I still can't get it to work. Tried a few times in different ways (I know the first time I didn't use Continue, but did after that), still no achievement, oh well guess I'll have to do it the difficult way.

I guess though beating Fontaine so much helps me know i can do it if I can get there.

After reading everything I'm going to try this just put my hat in the ring. However I noticed something.... There is a good chance that this will only work if your have not used the vita chambers. Those of you who have not been able to replicated this glitch are you trying for both achievements or just attempting to get the one for beating hard. Cause the game is tracking the vita chamber use and if there is a glitch or programmer added trick involved that small fact may lock down the entire trick. Just speculation. I have lent out Bioshock ATM once I get it back I will run a few test. Kudos to all who have pulled this off.

I think I might just try this now, I never found the motivation to play this game on hard anyway...

And since you did not turn off the vita chambers I'll also leave them running, you never know what could prevent such a glitch from working :)

• 2 weeks later...

Must be nice to have this glitch work for you. I played through on easy to get 4 of the last 5 achievements I missed and got them all pretty easy. I then beat the game and try every single way listed by all the people who got it and I end up with nothin. I can't be bothered by playing through the game a third time so maybe I will just try a couple more and pray for a miracle.