New demo

Pinkubara

just played it. the controls seem pretty loose to me. sometimes Lara will ignore me and do her own thing (big surprise). sure its really pretty and all, but i had a hard time getting her to do something as simple as swan diving off a rock (you have to hit B a split second after jumping or she wont do it http://www.neoseeker.com/i/icons/closed_eyes.gif).

and i got stuck on the ledge that crosses the water, theres a pole or something sticking out horizontally, and i cant figure out if youre supposed to use the pole to swing on (which is what i suspect), but if so i dont know how to do it. the tutorial things dont help at all with that which is stupid. i dont know if i like this game yet.

sometimes Lara will ignore me and do her own thing (big surprise). sure its really pretty and all, but i had a hard time getting her to do something...

Is this a pattern with the women in your life? LoL I kid, I kid!

My husband downloaded it for me, but since he's playing Force Unleashed, I'll have to wait till later to try it.

So I finally got around to playing the demo last night. I didn't even finish it before I exited and deleted it.

The controls are crap. The camera is crap. They didn't fix a damn thing that was wrong with the previous games. Yes, I know she's a female character, but the camera does NOT need to be up her ass the entire fawking game! PAN IT OUT A LITTLE! *sigh*

Jumping between the two walls thing, cool in concept, but the ability will bring forth a lot of headaches later in the game. Think Assassin's Creed when you're running from guards, you turn a corner, and then you're running up a wall that doesn't have a ledge above it. You're running up that wall simply because it is there. Well you do the same with the new TR game. You run into a wall, then end up jumping off it. I can see one jumping into many a deep chasms that way.

My verdict; when it hits the used bin for $20, I might think about getting it.

Hmm I just played the demo and I don't like it. If you want to rip off Uncharted at least do it properly and copy paste the excellent camera and controls, too. Lara plays like a drunken sailor, the controls are very bad and I swear, that camera wants IN her ass.

If anything, Uncharted is a rip off, of the Tomb Raider Series...lol

The only problems i had with the controls was when i was trying to fight 3 tigers at the same time and kept getting knocked on my arse :(

I liked everything else.

• Good Climbing Puzzles
  • Fun Gameplay
  • Great Visuals
  • Demo Ended Too Early Though

If anything, Uncharted is a rip off, of the Tomb Raider Series...lol

The only problems i had with the controls was when i was trying to fight 3 tigers at the same time and kept getting knocked on my arse :(

I liked everything else.

• Good Climbing Puzzles
  • Fun Gameplay
  • Great Visuals
  • Demo Ended Too Early Though

Sadly, this is not true. All Tomb Raider games sucked in regards to combat, climbing and story so far. And the camera has always been the nemesis of any Tomb Raider player.

It's like saying any Jump'n'Run is a Super Mario rip off.

Uncharted is a treasure hunting game with shooting and climbing sequences with a big focus on shooting. It has not much in common with the old Lara Croft games. Did you even play it?

Uncharted did everything right, it had excellent challenging combat, perfect climbing sequences and the story was like a good Hollywood movie. AND IT HAD A PERFECT FIXED CAMERA FOR CLIMBING. Why can't they copy that for Lara?

Now look at the new Tomb Raider: They reworked combat & climbing to match Uncharted but they failed miserably at it. The camera is a total mess. The controls are sloppy. The combat is a boring no-brainer with auto-lockon. Maybe at least the story will be good. And MAYBE they will use the remaining time till release and put some polish on it.

Sadly, this is not true. All Tomb Raider games sucked in regards to combat, climbing and story so far. And the camera has always been the nemesis of any Tomb Raider player.

It's like saying any Jump'n'Run is a Super Mario rip off.

Uncharted is a treasure hunting game with shooting and climbing sequences with a big focus on shooting. It has not much in common with the old Lara Croft games. Did you even play it?

Uncharted did everything right, it had excellent challenging combat, perfect climbing sequences and the story was like a good Hollywood movie. AND IT HAD A PERFECT FIXED CAMERA FOR CLIMBING. Why can't they copy that for Lara?

Now look at the new Tomb Raider: They reworked combat & climbing to match Uncharted but they failed miserably at it. The camera is a total mess. The controls are sloppy. The combat is a boring no-brainer with auto-lockon. Maybe at least the story will be good. And MAYBE they will use the remaining time till release and put some polish on it.

What i was saying was.. Tomb Raider came before Uncharted.

And i didnt find the camera to be a problem.

Lara plays like a drunken sailor, the controls are very bad and I swear, that camera wants IN her ass.

Nice to see I'm not the only one that feels this way.

I agree with all points, except story. Meh, there's only so much you can do story wise with the type of game it is.

I almost think the camera was worse in this demo than it was in any TR game preceding it.

The controls... they're typically only tolerated by the most determined of fans. Probably because we pray that they will fix them in the next installment... but the improvement never comes... *sigh*

I think it is honestly about time Lara is put to rest. They keep focusing on improving how she looks, rather than how she controls.

Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't Last Revelations actually supposed to be the LAST Tomb Raider game? Then they went ahead and did Dark Angel, and everyone was like "wtf, mate?"

What are you guys (and gals) doing that the camera is trying to go up her ass in the first place? I played the demo too and I didn't have the game trying to perform an amateur colonoscopy on Laura.

You sure you just weren't checking her out to the extreme?

Maybe you didn't have the right demo, as your lead character obviously wasn't English, but American instead. LoL