Story mission, and achievements are missable!!!

Ray5555

So as I was playing through the game I got to the point where it said "Quest Completed" for Scientific Pursuits but no achievement.

Then I beat the Tranquility Lane thing and got that acheivement but it skipped over the one before it.

Am I going to have to make a new character to get that specific achievement?

I'm affraid so, you should get this achievement before entering Tranquility Lane. I had the same thing with the quest "shoot em in the head". Killed 2 targets, got to Tenpenny and he gave me a better offer. Decided to kill the guy who gave me this quest and went back to Tenpenny but he doesn't respond. Bye bye achievement.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same thing and spoke with the doctor at Rivot City making the "Following in his Footsteps" quest not longer an available active quest option in my PIPBOY. However, I still went to the Galaxy News Radio and helped the Brotherhood of the steel guys kill the Super Human Bohemoth outside. I then looted the dead BofS guy of his armor at the front door and hit the intercom button, thus letting me into the Radio Station. I then went up stairs to talk with Three Dog and he gave me the "Galaxy News Radio" Quest. Once I completed the conversation with Three Dog the "Following in his Footsteps" achievement popped. Just keep in mind that the achievement list shows the main quest achievements in proper order, from the top of the list until "TAKE IT BACK. After that they are misc quests. However, from my obvious experience it does not necessarily lock you out of completing the mission.

I think if it is an active quest done in order you meet upwith some female BofS character right before the Super Human Bohemoth fight and she lets you into the radio station.

Just wanted to let everyone know I had this same problem and I finally got mine after I beat the game.

I started a new game... as soon as I escaped vault 101... I went directly to rivet city (not megaton)

I went directly downstairs and spoke to doctor li.. and this turns on the scientific pursuits quests.

I went directly from rivet city to the purity room in Jefferson memorial.

I went directly to note 10 only.. and I played note 10 in my notes...

I went directly from Jefferson memorial to the garage of vault 112

I put on the jumpsuit and took all all my other clothes and items and throw them on the floor (just to be safe)

I went directly downstairs and hopped in the tranquility pod

after the screen goes to the old black and white scene (after the load) ... boom I got my last achievement. :)

finally 1000/1000 on this game....Just wanted to let everyone know what I did to receive my glitch achievement.

Try and do what's needed to complete the quest anyway. I know I had a similar issue and I could not access the quest. However, I went and talked to the next person I was supposed to for that quest and got the achieve. You may have to search in the forum for what you are supposed to do next in that particular quest.

Wtf i have completed this quest and yet no achievement has anyone else had this problem and have a solution please? perhaps i need to talk to someone?

Note: it is stated as completed on my pip-boy but no achievement :(

There is like 5 other threads asking about this exact same quest. Next time you should go to the top of the board and do the following:

1. Click on the little down arrow next to the word "Search"

2. Enter in the subject your interested in...in this case "Scientific Pursuits"

3. Click "GO"

All the threads that apply to this particular subject will be displayed. I just did the above for you and sorted through 2 threads and looks like the best one for you that will hook you up with what your looking for is at this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103118&highlight=Scientific+Pursuits

Good luck and hope it works for you.