Energy Bobblehead...makes me wanna quit game

deneco4

I love this game and ive progressed pretty far, but what pisses me off is these "if you miss it your screwed" items in the game.

Such as the energy bobblehead. I cant get to it now and i wish there was some sort of cheat or alternate way to get it.

Makes me wanna stop playing now that im screwed. Wish theyd stop that with the achievements.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify - this is the bobblehead found in the G.E.C.K. mission or...

Sorry, but Im not that far into the game yet. Ive heard of a certain bobblehead that you have to be extra cautious of because if you miss it... thats it! Im guessing this is the one. Just not 100% sure which mission its found in.

I love this game and ive progressed pretty far, but what pisses me off is these "if you miss it your screwed" items in the game.

Such as the energy bobblehead. I cant get to it now and i wish there was some sort of cheat or alternate way to get it.

Makes me wanna stop playing now that im screwed. Wish theyd stop that with the achievements.

I know we're on an achiev. site but I find really strange that u feel "screwed" by one of the greatest RPG ever just because u missed a bobblehead and so an achiev. This game is so much more than just achiev. You can get 1000/1000 and just scratch the surface of all the possibilities offered by Bethesda to gamers.

Relax a little. Tell urself u're going to make another playthrough (the game deserves it) and get the bobblehead this time.

I agree with omega...just keep going and get all the others if u want em that bad and then make another playthrough..(just do the bobblehead search..theres only 20 of them).

^^^^Omega..i see COD4 u have 980/1000 "Painfully Close".. I promise you if you give Mile High Club (I'm guessing thats the biatch) about 20-30 trys a day..you'll have it in a week if not earlier.

no. i agree with OP. same crap happened in bioshock with the recording tapes in ryans office.

if there is something in there that is so collectible, then they should either make pumping into it a no brainer or at least make that part of the area re explorable.

I don't agree at all.

Rewarding exploration of an awesome game deserves something - it's not the programmer's faults you guys are in a hurry to 1000/1000.

^^^^Omega..i see COD4 u have 980/1000 "Painfully Close".. I promise you if you give Mile High Club (I'm guessing thats the biatch) about 20-30 trys a day..you'll have it in a week if not earlier.

Yeah...missing the Mile High Club...tried this bitchy achiev. for days...stopped before I throw my controler in my LCD screen...looks like I'm not skilled enough for this achiev. Anyway I sold the game a while ago so I forgot about it

So what quest is this find on? I'm trying to not spoil as much of the game as I can, but it would be nice to get this on the first play.

As a couple others have said, collectible achievements with availability limitations are lame. you should be able to explore on your own getting what you find, then the things you missed you can go back and actually get as well.

So what quest is this find on? I'm trying to not spoil as much of the game as I can, but it would be nice to get this on the first play.

OK...without too much spoilers...about the end of the main quest u'll meet face to face with a special character named [spoiler=mdt]Colonel Autumn.

This is the good quest.

Vault 101, you can only return once after leaving, later in the game.

Raven Rock, you enter once, and if you don;t have it by the time you leave you missed it forever.

Make sure you keep those 2 in mind.

My only beef so far is that the National Guard Armory one is impossible to find without help, and that you can't gain the one in Aferu without taking a karma hit (and I have yet to take one on this character...)

I agree. I love achievements. They bring lots of replayability to any game. However, they shouldn't force you to play the game multiple times or juggle saved games. You should be able to just play the game and once you beat it, be allowed to easily go back and pick up any achievements you've missed. There are some games I don't want to play through a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time because the story doesn't change. So you're forced to just go through the motions to get to the area you want to go to.

Fallout 3 is much easier to play through multiple times because there are so many ways to play the game. So it's not a huge deal. But still the Good/Neutral/Evil achievements are a joke. The game isn't that much different to play through 3 times to get these achievements. That's easily over 100 hours. So I had to juggle save games to get these achievements. I hate doing it, but I'm not going to spend 100's of hours playing the same game three times. The two bobbleheads you can miss is not fair either. It was pure luck that I grabbed the one in Vault 101, but I would have totally missed the one in Raven Rock.

Also, has anyone ever obtained 100% achievements on a game without using a guide or checking forums? Every game should give you all the tools you need to obtain all achievements that the game is offering.

And how are the Good/Neutral/Evil achievements even considererd achievements? There's no challenge there or sense of accomplishment. I wish the developers would get more creative in their achievements. When I unlock an achievement I want it to feel like i accomplished something, not just grinding away for hours and hours.

I beat the game on my one and only character and i still have many achieves to get but i really don't want to start a new game is there any way to keep my guy both autosave and my save are in the project purity room!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I didn't go and get the Bobblehead, but looking back at my saves, I have a save that is actually in Raven Rock level 2, which I believe is exactly where the Bobblehead is located...

So I have 6 Bobbleheads so far. If get all the other 19 and load up the save from Ravens Rock and go grab the Bobblehead, will the Achievement pop?

I don't want to have to find them all again...

So, I didn't go and get the Bobblehead, but looking back at my saves, I have a save that is actually in Raven Rock level 2, which I believe is exactly where the Bobblehead is located...

So I have 6 Bobbleheads so far. If get all the other 19 and load up the save from Ravens Rock and go grab the Bobblehead, will the Achievement pop?

I don't want to have to find them all again...

Yes and no. You can load the save, but you have to do that first. There are 20 bobbleheads, you have 6, one in Ravenrock leaves 13 elsewhere. If you were to go find the 13, and then load your save at Ravenrock- you would be back to 6 bobbleheads.

Just load the save, find the bobblehead, and then continue as usual.