Top 5 Game Companies.

Lordvader178

I would like you to list your top 5 gaming companies and why pl0x.

1. Monolith (Not only do they make the best horror games, they make the best enemy AI ever. Yes, Monolith games are better then Silent Hill, RE and Clocktower IMO).

2. Bethseda (They made the legendary Elder Scrolls and didn't screw up Fallout 3)

3. Harmonix (Guitar Hero wouldn't be here without them, nor would Rock Band)

4. Team Ninja (As much as Ninja Gaiden 2 sucks, they make excellent games, NG1 was the best xbox game, and Dead Or Alive is the second best fighting game, after Mortal Kombat)

5. Blizzard (Warcraft 3. That's all there is to be said)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Valve Corporation (Valve) - generally speaking most Valve productions are of the highest quality and backed by great core dev teams that do it right and take pride in releasing a good (if not great) game.

2. Blizzard Entertainment (I do believe they are now partners with Activision, but I see this only as the side of Blizzard Entertainment) - StarCraft, WarCraft and World of Warcraft.... what else am I to say.... oh and Diablo too! Not to mention that BlizzCon is likely the best supported convention held by any developer, some day I would love to go to a BlizzCon event :p

3. Bethseda Softworks (Bethseda Game Studios) - Another company that knows what they want to do, and will take whatever amount of time needed to craft a game to their vision.

4. Pandemic Studios (Pandemic) - It's unlikely most would choose this company as a favorite developer, considering their latest game (Mercenaries 2) was horrid. Simply put, I loved the games they produced last generation on the Xbox and PS2 platforms such as Full Spectrum Warrior, Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront II and to a lesser extent I enjoyed Destroy All Humans!

5. Rockstar North Ltd. (Rockstar Games) - Yes this is a cop out for being able to pick a 5th favorite developer. But to be honest I still believe that Grand Theft Auto III is still the most influential game in the last decade, hell maybe in the last 20 years. Games like Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV have now hit mainstream since the success of GTA III in 2001 and have sparked a genre all it's own.

That's my list :)

Edited by Atarii

1. Atari (so goddam good arcade games on 360 :D)

2. EA Games (Need For Speeds and Mirror's Edge)

3. Rockstar Games (all GTAs, Midnight Club and my best game Table tennis <33)

4. Eidos Interactive (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Kane & Lynch)

5. Ubisoft (FC2, R6V, Surf's Up and Open season)

There is a lot more but these are the best :D

1. Bethesda - Morrowind is by far the best game I ever played (yeah, I'm not that die hard gamer that litterly played everything) and I also enjoyed/enjoying Oblivion bigtime. Huge stories, not too many bugs and glitches, awesome. I also played Pirates Of The Carribean on Xbox from them, it was nice as well, but not as nice as the TES games. Although I don't like the setting of Fallout 3, I'm gonna buy that one, since I have so much trust in Bethesda that I'm sure I will like it.

2. Rockstar - That's the company that pretty much got me entertained my whole gaming life. Man, what did I play GTA as a kid, just for the free roaming of it. I loved GTAII and III, but they really got me with GTAVC and GTASA and their games GTALCS and GTAVCS where the reason I bought a PSP as well. And I played a Midnight Club game once, which I enjoyed and looking forward to MC:LA.

3. Nintendo - For my first console addiction, Super Mario 64 and my first handheld addiction, Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue. I totally enjoyed those games, as well as I did Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Gold and Silver.

4. EA Games & EA Sports - Now I don't care that much about EA anymore, but boy I loved the Need For Speed and FIFA game-series.

5. Cyan - For the games-series that I really consider as art, the Myst-series. Not the nicest gameplay IMO, but I really could dig those games, cause of it's beauty.

And I really do consider Blizzard to be one of the best, if not the best, but I haven't played a game from them, cause I hate pc-gaming myself.

1. Bungie Studios - Not just because of Halo. The amount of devotion they put into their community is incredible. Halo is still great and all, but they're a step above the regular game developer.

2. Clover Studios - This company doesn't exist anymore, but they made the bargain bin warming games Okami and Shadowrun, 2 games that deserved far more recognition than they got.

3. Insomniac Games - They made the Ratchet and Clank series, and they also did Psychonauts, among other games. They make original games which bring a new gaming experience to the table.

4. EPIC Games - Gears of War and Cliffy B. What else is there to say? :p

5. Harmonix Studios - Even though I think they've gotten a little greedy lately with the release of the AC/DC and Track Pack 2 packs, I still have to give them a shout for Guitar Hero and Rock Band, 2 of my most loved franchises.

3. Insomniac Games - They made the Ratchet and Clank series, and they also did Psychonauts, among other games. They make original games which bring a new gaming experience to the table

No they didnt, Double Fine productions did. It was a partnership with Lucas Arts. Tim Schafer frowns on your lack of knowledge.

My List.

1. Sandlot- Large scale games that rival hollywood B-movies

2. Valve- They created Steam, Half-life, and an open source game

3. Midway- Hydro thunder and Doom 64.... 'nuff said

4. Id Software- Doom and quake franchises brought the Fps to the front of gaming

5. 3D Realms- The only company in the world to get a way with delaying games for ten years.

I really hate Harmonix with a passion. I mean they have great games, but i have no faith in them because they don't give a dam about us Aussie's. I'm sorry, but they released Rock Band 1 when Rock Band 2 was already out for 3 months. They can go and fuck themselves for all i care.

I also don't really like EPIC. I can't say from first hand experience, but i had a friend that did work experience with them and said that nearly everyone he met was a stuck up, self-righteous arsehole. Now i know he wouldn't lie to me so i'ma take his word for it, and Cliffy B is pretty evil as well.

And as for Nintendo, everything they have made is shit except for Mario and the Pokemon Games. My favourite game to this day is Pokemon Red.

Thats my 2 cents.

My top five are...

1) Nintendo-they saved the industry after the crash of the 80's, without them it wouldn't be what it is today

2) Sega-without them to challenge Nintendo back in the 90's, what would we have today?

3) Sony-the Playstation made it cool to be a gamer

4) Square/Enix-yes I like Final Fantasy

5) Rockstar-GTA has to be one of the most original games of the past decade

3. Insomniac Games - They made the Ratchet and Clank series, and they also did Psychonauts, among other games. They make original games which bring a new gaming experience to the table

No they didnt, Double Fine productions did. It was a partnership with Lucas Arts. Tim Schafer frowns on your lack of knowledge.

O rly?

Even if I was wrong, they still made Spyro the Dragon <33

1) Komani (Suikoden, Pro Evo)

2) Square Enix(I'm an RPG fan boy ^_^)

3) Nintendo (All the years of me playing Classic games on the NES/SNES/N64)

4) Infinity Ward (Fair enough Activision publish but they made Call of Duty 1/UO/2/4 and Call of Duty 2 on PC will always be a classic imo).

5) Sports Interactive/Sega(Can't get enough of Football Manager, each year they make a new one, each year I come back with puppy dog eyes).

I haven't seen a gaming company which hasn't turned to shit yet.

Harmonix, c'mon it's not even about the music anymore...

EPIC, a one hit wonder which is just full of shitty one hit liners and a dodgey storyline which appears to brain dead 14 year olds.

Bethesda, although their gameplay is well worth the money, they don't believe in tidying things up.

Bioware, massive respect for them, although might lose it with this MMORPG KotOR...

Don't even get me started on Rockstar. GTA II is the best from the series. After 3 they just got big headed. What has changed since 3 anyway?

Don't debate with me about great games either, they have to happen some time with all the crap games around.

Rockstar/Rockstar North - basically because they are a Scottish developer, the man who founded the company was Scottish!

Based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Previously known as DMA Design (founded 1988). They are famous for the Grand Theft Auto and Manhunt franchises, as well as the original Lemmings games.

Enough for me to love them.

Next up in line, would be Realtime Worlds - Crackdown's developers... founded by the man who left just before GTA3 came out, and regretted it. But we would never have had Crackdown otherwise. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realtime_Worlds)

Id Software for Duke.

Infinity Ward

And finally...

Square Enix.

All I have to say is fuck your Bungie/Epic Games/EA crap - they are some of the worst developers ever, simply just riding on cash cows. Every company on my list earned their title by developing great games and didnt suck their customers for every last bit of money.