Character Creation Guide

Method

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Perks are the best in the game to have and what perks should be totally avoided and are useless?

Does anyone have any combinations they would like to share to help some of us out?

It really depends on what type of character you want to be.

If you're a Diplomatic character, then perks such as Black Widow, Child at Heart, and Impartial Mediation will be beneficial to you, while perks such as Silent Running and Thief may be important if you're a stealthy character.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Any tips of picking perks for levels 20-30?

The cooler ones are more for flavor than they are actually useful. Rad Absorption at Level 28 is perhaps the best, because it's less micromanaging. If you combine Nerd Rage with Nuclear Anomaly, you've just made an awesome character when he gets angry (below 20% health). Personally, I'm a fan of Puppies! because I like Dogmeat.

The Karma perks are good to save for just before Level 30, so you can more easily earn those karma-related achievements. Reload to a previous save once you have the achievements.

If you somehow manage to get to Level 30 without collecting the bobbleheads, you could boost all your stats to 9, collect the bobbleheads to bring your stats all to 10. That's, um, going to take effort and stuff. More of a novelty.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know why but I kind of gave up on fallout 3, I loved oblivion tons (5 play-through's :/) but now I'm defiantly going back to get 1500 isn't it?, I'm not getting skyrim when it first comes out though as everyone will be going (OMG HAVE YOU REACHED THIS PART YET WHERE YOU DO THIS AND THAT) and ruin it for me, nah i'll just wait for some guides and enjoy my way through 2012. Until then Gears of war 3 battlefield 3 modern warfare 3 you get my full attention! :woop:

(Morale of the story, well great guide I think lul)

Edited by alex3manu
I ain't explaining myself to a computer!

• 1 year later...