Data Miner Guide

RaidenX49

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 more that you pass by while doing Them!

Greyditch:

Recently Built Shack - Dr. Lesko's Terminal - Average

(The password is lying nearby - don't grab it!)

Brandice's House - W. Brandice's Terminal - Easy

Marigold Metro Station:

In the room w/Dr. Lesko - Dr. Lesko's Terminal - Average

Queen Ant's Hatchery:

With the Queen Ant - (don't know name of terminal) - Average

I'm really hoping there's a glitch for the Terminals like there was with the Lock Picking.

Does anyone know if there's a cheap way to do it? Because I've only hacked 13 Terminals.

"Data Miner" and "Vault Tec C.E.O" are the last two Achievements I need. :(

Sure there's a "cheap" way to do it, you just try to guess until you only have one guess left and back out of the terminal. Then go back in and you've got a fresh slate.

Thanks for this. Just like to add there is a couple in the National Guard Depot which deactivate the turrets. can't tell you how many for sure but I know it's worth going there(there's a Bobblehead is in this location too).

To the Original Poster:

When you say brackets I assume you mean just ( ) since thats all you used to identify them with, but you can also get rid of duds if they are in [ ], { }, or < >. Just wanted to clarify that, some people may not know that those are the other bracket types to look for.

Edited it, Hope that makes it more understandable.

hey there, just got 50 thanks to your guide :) I found some more however in the national guard depot as I was finding my last bobblehead, theres one on the bottom floor of the outside ruined bit and is an average turret control system, and another as you enter the training wing

Edited by Boiled Frogs

Here's a way if you want to do the Terminal Hacks but you can't be bothered with trying to work out which is the correct password. (I can do the puzzles, it's just sometimes I get eye strain from extreme numbers in gaming hours that I'm left with "Pot luck" rather than comparison)

Basically you have 4 attempts per terminal, fail the 4th and you end up locked out. So all you do is pick the first word for attempt one, then the second, then the third (By all means compare them if you want to move on further). Don't use the forth attempt up, just log out (exit the terminal) then log back in and start again, pick the first word, second then third.

Eventually the password will be "Bruteforced" by the game assigning it randomly to one of the first words. A real no brainer for those that might have over-juiced on the alcopop's.

Here's a way if you want to do the Terminal Hacks but you can't be bothered with trying to work out which is the correct password. (I can do the puzzles, it's just sometimes I get eye strain from extreme numbers in gaming hours that I'm left with "Pot luck" rather than comparison)

Basically you have 4 attempts per terminal, fail the 4th and you end up locked out. So all you do is pick the first word for attempt one, then the second, then the third (By all means compare them if you want to move on further). Don't use the forth attempt up, just log out (exit the terminal) then log back in and start again, pick the first word, second then third.

Eventually the password will be "Bruteforced" by the game assigning it randomly to one of the first words. A real no brainer for those that might have over-juiced on the alcopop's.

This does work, but honestly if you actually read the guide you should be able to hack terminals 10x's faster than using this strategy, depending on your science skill.