Data Miner Guide

RaidenX49

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Is this just me, but, I used three of four tries, then found three duds. To my thoughts I had my four attempts back, although it did not increase the number of blocks at the top, if you see what i mean. I then got locked out on my next try! This has happened to me a few times - it seems that unless I get the "tries reset dud", the others are not helping me.

Does getting a dud only count if the number of blocks indicating tries left increases? Should it increase? Are some duds ineffective?? But, just thought, does entering more than one dud at a time remove the previous dud?? Even if it did, i would have thought I should have gotten at least one extra try. Maybe you shouldn't go looking for duds at three tries, but one after each failed try??

I reckon that I might be tight to get this one now - I'm unsure how many I have failed on, but I only have 15 done so far. Will need to use that perk to unlock locked terminals and revisit them I guess.

I know this is an old thread, but playing three on XBox One after Four.

Edited by IanMcLeish
Consecutive duds

Is this just me, but, I used three of four tries, then found three duds. To my thoughts I had my four attempts back, although it did not increase the number of blocks at the top, if you see what i mean. I then got locked out on my next try! This has happened to me a few times - it seems that unless I get the "tries reset dud", the others are not helping me.

Does getting a dud only count if the number of blocks indicating tries left increases? Should it increase? Are some duds ineffective?? But, just thought, does entering more than one dud at a time remove the previous dud?? Even if it did, i would have thought I should have gotten at least one extra try. Maybe you shouldn't go looking for duds at three tries, but one after each failed try??

I reckon that I might be tight to get this one now - I'm unsure how many I have failed on, but I only have 15 done so far. Will need to use that perk to unlock locked terminals and revisit them I guess.

I know this is an old thread, but playing three on XBox One after Four.

You're trying to hack terminals as if you're playing Fallout 4 which won't work because they changed it compared to Fallout 3. In Fallout 3 if you fail 4 times you're locked out permanently unless you have the Computer Whiz perk. What you'll want to do is make 3 attempts and then completely back out of the terminal and that'll reset your attempts.