General RAAM Discussion

WyldthingUK

Beating him on insane is much more difficult than on either the other difficulties. ( the obvious ) You have to be dead on with your sniper headshots and your buddy has to consistantly blast him with the bow. I didn't try to stick him with a grenade but I know you can't chainsaw him up, LOL

My buddy went through all his bow ammo as I blasted him with headshots until my buddy went down I then switched to my bow and blasted him with 2 blind shots as he was right next to me as I cowered in cover.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I have been able to go through the entire game on Insane solo. Not very easy but it is doable but frustrating. Now I am at my wits end trying to beat the General as most of you know is hard enough in Co-op.

So, my question is would somebody be able to join me for a co-op game starting right with this chapter or would I need to go through the entire game on Co-op or just Act 5. If it is possible to just go through this chapter on Insane and still get the achievement I would be very grateful for someone to give it a try with me. Any volunteers, help:)

i just beat him on hard core alone and did it a different way.

i took the sniper and shot gun, left the lancer. when the scene starts i ducked at 1st barracade. i targeted him with long shot and waited till Dom or heli shit kryll away. then i unload about 3 shots to the face. by the time he gets to the barracade before yours you can unload about 6-7 shots in the face. when he reached those, i tossed all 4 grenades over. a cpl hit. i waited till he got close and making his way around. just as he did i jumped over the barracade, waited for the kryll to leave popped up with a shotty to his face and done.

to me theres nothing easier, torgue bow takes too long. its all about timing here, but the difference is with the long shot you get head shots way before he gets to you which takes more damage.

Alright, I have been able to go through the entire game on Insane solo. Not very easy but it is doable but frustrating. Now I am at my wits end trying to beat the General as most of you know is hard enough in Co-op.

So, my question is would somebody be able to join me for a co-op game starting right with this chapter or would I need to go through the entire game on Co-op or just Act 5. If it is possible to just go through this chapter on Insane and still get the achievement I would be very grateful for someone to give it a try with me. Any volunteers, help:)

anyone can join the game right before you enter. just set it up as co-op, wait till they join, then open the door.

anyone can join the game right before you enter. just set it up as co-op, wait till they join, then open the door.

Thanks for the tip, the only thing is I was hoping maybe for some help from fellow forum members here perhaps. I tried this and unfortunately both people I was paired did not fair too well in helping. One never completed a single Insane Act and the other only the first 2 so far. LMK guys, thanks.

"Alright, I have been able to go through the entire game on Insane solo. Not very easy but it is doable but frustrating. Now I am at my wits end trying to beat the General as most of you know is hard enough in Co-op."

I know your pain, I've gone through on Insane without too much trouble (few sticky points but nothing infuriating) and now I just can't kill RAAM. I'm gonna give it a few more goes and then I think I'll be asking for some co-op help also :)

I've killed him on Hardcore...only after finding out that explosives make the nasty Kryll fly away. I used the Torque Bow and the Longshot. though the Longshot isn't a gun I'd normally use in GoW, I decided to give it a shot.

For some reason, I found a glitch...he defeated Dom within seconds and came after me, but he ran into Dom and the idiot was too stupid to step around him. So he was hung up trying to walk on top of Dom and for some reason, he didn't shoot very much. By the time I killed him though, I was out of Torque Bow ammo and on my last grenade.

I simply yelled "BONED!" when it was over.

i dont know if i'm lucky or just got his number. i had beating g-ramm on hardcore alone and helped others do it on co-op. last night i got on it on insane with a buddy and destroyed him the 3rd try, took less the 5 minutes total. here's the way i found it to be real easy. modified a bit from my previous hard core version.

one person needs to keep a torque bow from the begining of train and stock up on bows. the other will need a snipper. also the perosn with the torque should aslo equip a long shot. hide behind barracade, have the bow person shoot him to get kryll away and then sniper him in the face. you need to get at least 2 shoots per torque hit. when he gets to left side of train you'll have more time, thats when the bow person needs to switch to sniper and unload. by the time he reaches the barracades before yours both of you need to switch to grenades and do a no-look lob over his way with all 4 grenades, total 8. if you shot him enough times before your 3 or 4th grenade goes off he'll be dead.

on a side note, how did people know about the gamer pic? i never got any indications of such when beating it and if it wasnt for reading it i wouldve never known. like when i beat UMK3 it told me i got a gamer pic.

This is how I beat him on single-player, and it didn't take hardly any attempts once I realized I could do it this way:

Blast away with the lancer while the kryll are circling him, then snipe at his face when the kryll disperse. Be sure to stay covering behind that first barricade. Keep repeating this strategy until he gets really close to your cover. When he's practically about to walk around the side of your barricade (really close but still on the other side of it), toss your 4 grenades, then cover again and hit him with a ton of lancer blind-fire from your cover.

That gameplan worked perfect for me. If you didn't hit him enough times with the sniper or the grenades before he's about to come around the corner of your cover, attempt to climb over your cover and run to the other end and repeat my strategy from the beginning.

Good luck!

Not sure whether there was some kind of glitch on this level, but when I finished the game on co-op we took RAAM down with two clips of lancer ammo and two grenades, headshots without any Kryll to be exact, between us.

Whenever I try and use the troika the kryll always finish me off so that is usually a no-no, but first time using the blitzkrieg tactic worked a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

I just beat the game on Casual difficulty (solo all the way through), but I defeated all the bosses on Hardcore. I managed to kill General RAAM with the Longshot and frag grenades; no TorqueBow, no Lancer. I didn't get all heatshots, and chucked a single grenade at him, and dropped rest when he got close, then I ran to the other side of the train, took some more shots, ran back the other way again, and finally killed him after about a dozen Longshot rounds. Took me only two tries to get it right. The boss fights in this game aren't really too tough. I'm going to play the game all the way through on Hardcore difficulty, although as I understand it, the normal enemies have like twice the HP as Casual difficulty!

My most hated part of the game was definitely the driving bit, maybe it would've been easier in Co-op. Securing that pumping station at the end of Act 3 was tough too. And escaping from Fenix Manor in Act 4 (past the two Boomers), that was a pain in the ass.

definitely the hardest part of the game to me was the end of act 3 on insane, where you have to rush the drilling station to plant the bomb, and meet the theron gaurds for the first time. It sucks because the checkpoint is way the hell back before you see the station, and it takes a ton of time to retry.

For the end of act 4 when escaping the boomers on insane, this is what I did.

As soon as you get out, hide behind the first ledge and kill one of the boomers with a long shot asap, you should be able to drop him before he even starts walking towards you.

A hole will open up by the APC and some drones and a sniper or two will come out after a little while.

Run to the other side of the courtyard opposite the boomer, and move up about midway through the courtyard. Pick off the sniper and blind kill some drones until the 30 second timer comes up. When it comes up, kill the boomer and rush the apc. hopefully you killed enough of the drones that you can get to the APC without dying, because from close range, 2 shots = dead.

So I got sent to Malaysia and naturally I took my 360 with me...but the hotel firewall won't let me connect to xbox live. I can connect at work, but it is a pain to take the whole deal over there, through security, hook it up, blah blah blah. So I haven't yet played on live with GOW (got it the day before I came over here) but I just beat it on Hardcore! Woo-hoo!

Insane comes next....for me, at the end of act 4 on Hardcore, I didn't kill a single grub, just ran to one side until both boomers were on the same side as I, then hot tailed it back across the initial starting area and hauled ass down to the APC. Didn't fire a shot.

I think the drilling station was what I spent the most time on.

Great game so far, can't wait to try the live stuff. Maybe tomorrow.

Dang it, I got distracted, I was actually posting about General RAAM. Took me four or five tries, and all I used was the long shot. I don't claim to be a great shot, so I would say no head shots, but fewer than ten shots total including two that I know missed. I switched sides of the train twice, and Dom went down as I was going back to the starting position. I kept telling him to regroup to keep him alive as a distraction as long as possible, worked pretty well.