General RAAM Discussion

WyldthingUK

Dang it, I got distracted, I was actually posting about General RAAM. Took me four or five tries, and all I used was the long shot. I don't claim to be a great shot, so I would say no head shots, but fewer than ten shots total including two that I know missed. I switched sides of the train twice, and Dom went down as I was going back to the starting position. I kept telling him to regroup to keep him alive as a distraction as long as possible, worked pretty well.

You can edit your post with the "Edit" post at the bottom of the first one, for next time...

Raam is actually Super Easy once you get to know him... :p

Couple torque Bows, Couple of Distractions, and a couple of grenades up the ass, and he's gone....

Me and my friends did Insane against raam in 4 tries or 5 minutes....

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my Friend were hiding behind the first block by where you start after the cinematic...

Once he got a little closer I told him to just start running to the other side... Once raam changes his focus to him, You can easily Stick him, than the focus will be on you, your friend sticks him, and so on.. He should be gone if you got a couple torques on him before that...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so I'm at the final battle with RAAM on Insane. Up to this point, I'm pretty pleased with myself for getting this far without assistance (and as mentioned before, act 3 drilling station...tough stuff). Well, I made the mistake of not picking up the torque bow earlier in the train and now I'm armed with 4 grenades and the choice of the Longshot, Lancer, or Shotgun.

So I sat at home and tried this for about an hour (and they were really quick tries, since I would die so easily) but to no avail. I just couldn't even hurt him. The first time through I played the game co-op with a friend, and it was only a few attempts and he was gone. Without RAAM distracted by another foe, it is quite "Insane" for lack of a better word (funny since I'm on Insane difficulty...). I run out of the 4 grenades quickly and after that I've got nothing explosive to blow away his shield of kryll.

If someone has tackled this alone, on Insane, and without the torque bow, let them speak now...You will save me from many a tears.

Love, Jon

Yeah, so I'm at the final battle with RAAM on Insane. Up to this point, I'm pretty pleased with myself for getting this far without assistance (and as mentioned before, act 3 drilling station...tough stuff). Well, I made the mistake of not picking up the torque bow earlier in the train and now I'm armed with 4 grenades and the choice of the Longshot, Lancer, or Shotgun.

So I sat at home and tried this for about an hour (and they were really quick tries, since I would die so easily) but to no avail. I just couldn't even hurt him. The first time through I played the game co-op with a friend, and it was only a few attempts and he was gone. Without RAAM distracted by another foe, it is quite "Insane" for lack of a better word (funny since I'm on Insane difficulty...). I run out of the 4 grenades quickly and after that I've got nothing explosive to blow away his shield of kryll.

If someone has tackled this alone, on Insane, and without the torque bow, let them speak now...You will save me from many a tears.

Love, Jon

There is a torque bow in the last cart. I don't think like anyone knows about it because no one mentions is....ever. Anyway across from the sniper like in the dark near one of the windows...look around it respawns and such.

Love, Jon

It takes a very long while, BUT is do-able. I went with the snipe and lancer. I wouldn't even waste ammo on him when he had kryll on him, i would wait for the raven (helicopter) to take them off of him. OR, use my 4 grenades until they were gone to scare the kryll. And then unload with the sniper from the first concrete block. If he got too close, I would blindfire with lancer until he tried comin around one of the sides of the concrete. And then i would haul ass to the opposite similar concrete block and repeat. Took about 20-30 minutes i would guess when i finally got him. (after a lot of failed attempts which took many hours...)

I later helped a friend on co-op and we got it first try with bow/lancer & snipe/lancer. He just ran to opposite side & we rotated hittin him with the big stuff... WAY easier with a 2nd person.

On Insane mode pick up the torque bow and get ur friend to grab the Longshot or vice versa. Both of you hide behind the first middle obstacle. 6 hits with the torque bow and hits with the longshot just after as the kryll get blown away after the explosions. You should have used up your bow just as he starts walking back to the middle (since he walks to the far left for a while). Then a few minutes of machine guns. If he gets close to u(which he will) sneak round the other side of the obstacle from him and sprint up to the other end of the carriage and jump over the obstacle again. Continuosly shoot him with your machine gun from there and he will gradually walk back towards you.He wont make it back to u he will die before he gets to you. Just make sure to duck when you're injured or when the Kryll fly toward u and DO NOT go up either side of the carriage stay in the middle well lit section. Stay out of the dark.

You don't necessarily have to grenade him OR use the torque bow on him to get the Kryll off of him. They leave him automatically, so my advice, (and what I did) is to just take cover, wait for the Kryll to leave him, and then pop out and get as many headshots as you possibly can, before the Kryll go back to him. Once he gets too close to you, Roadie Run to the other side of the arena, and repeat. It worked for me on Hardcore the second time I tried.

Good luck.

I'm having trouble with this guy on Casual >.< I empty the torque bow and half of my lancer and he still walks/ fires and kills me, the only reason I say half my lancer is because I never get past unloading 300 bullets into him, thanks for all the advice and I'll try the bugger again next time I'm on the box.

I can't beat him, I am trying to do this solo. I unload every torque bow shot at him until I'm out, when he gets close I gerade him about 3 times. Then shoot him endless with lancer. Dom doesn't him so he stays at me the whole time.

I tried to run to the torret but when I get there (if I do) the Kryll kill me while I'm shooting. What do I need to do, find a partner?

I think you should pick up the Torque and the Sniper rifle. Do this. If you are alone without co-op. Torque Bow him when he got the KRYLL on him and then the torque will blow the kryll off him and then once that happens you can get him about 2 or 3 times with the sniper and then repeat. once he gets close to you, you can go ahead and run for your life. get behind a barrell and do the same he should be dead in a couple hits. Hope this helps

me and a friend killed him in about 30 seconds by shooting him with the torque bow (to get the kryll of him) the shootin him in the head with it about 3-4 times (if u can) then run up with your grenades and throw all of them at his feet (assuming u have 4, and dont take the time 2 aim because u will probably die)

sorry if u finished it already i didnt really take the time to read all the posts:p and i hope it helps :)

help 4 general RAAM, i have seen people complain about not being able 2 defeat RAAM well here is an easy way, have a torque bow because when you shoot the bow at him that will cause the kryll(those annoying birds who can only kill u if your in the dark) to get off of him then you will have some time to shoot him. i used the sniper and gave him a few good head shots but you dont have to. if your lucky you can make it to the back and use the turret to blast him to hell. or just stick with lancer assault rifle(chainsaw gun) dont go with the shotgun cause it is not long distance and you have to try to get as much shots off as u can so u can try to hurt him from far. i already beat the game on all three modes casual, harcore, and even on insane:woop: :locked . but the best thing is that to stick with the torque bow and make sure to have plenty of ammo. if u have any questions reply :Bounce:. and if u think that my tips just suck ass let me kno, if u kno a better way let me kno.

You don't necessarily have to grenade him OR use the torque bow on him to get the Kryll off of him. They leave him automatically, so my advice, (and what I did) is to just take cover, wait for the Kryll to leave him, and then pop out and get as many headshots as you possibly can, before the Kryll go back to him. Once he gets too close to you, Roadie Run to the other side of the arena, and repeat. It worked for me on Hardcore the second time I tried.

Good luck.

nice but u might need the torque bow because when the kryll leave him they come to try to kill u but if u use the torque bow the jus fly in the air and u could get a couple of head shot on him.