Cog Tag Locations

L3giOn

Where did you find your last cog tag?  

1,856 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you find your last cog tag?

• ACT 1
    • ACT 2
    • ACT 3
    • ACT 4
    • ACT 5
    • I don't remember
    • I still haven't found it

thanks for the quick response man.

still its not clear...

is it before the last room we open(last fight with Raam)???

I went to the room where i killed the guy with a bow and the retchhhher. found some ammo and thats it...no tag!

Yeah, i'm just telling you this from memory. Just start the chapter on casual from the very beginning, and watch the walls of the train closely until you see the Crimson Omen. Once you see it, you know the cog is in that car. Continue through that car normally, and make a left on the little platform between cars, and there will be a door opened by a button parallell to the hall you were just in. Go down the new hall and it should be there. I believe that it's in chapter 2 of act 5, but i'm not positive. Try chapter 2 first, and if you don't find it, then go back to chapter 1 and try again. Be sure to check the COG tag thread for more help, as all of what i'm telling you now is form memory, after all.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm having an issue with the tags and wondering something. i have 28 and i know for a fact which two i didnt get. here's the scoop, i've been playing it co-op and my buddy picked those tags up that i didnt have, well if i go back and play it myself they're not there. is this a glitch? also what makes it worse is that i actually cant say 100% if in fact when he got the tags, that mine counted up too. is this what happens? someone gets a tag in co-op and you both get the credit? i need a bit of help cause i've gone through it a couple times now and ino tags are left anywhere.

i'm having an issue with the tags and wondering something. i have 28 and i know for a fact which two i didnt get. here's the scoop, i've been playing it co-op and my buddy picked those tags up that i didnt have, well if i go back and play it myself they're not there. is this a glitch? also what makes it worse is that i actually cant say 100% if in fact when he got the tags, that mine counted up too. is this what happens? someone gets a tag in co-op and you both get the credit? i need a bit of help cause i've gone through it a couple times now and ino tags are left anywhere.

When you play co-op both players get credit for the tags. If they're not there when you went back then those aren't the ones you're missing.

When you play co-op both players get credit for the tags. If they're not there when you went back then those aren't the ones you're missing.

ok is this for sure? i wish i wouldve checked my number b4 and after my partner grabbed one. if this is true then i'm really missing 2 tags, which i dont know where cause i've checked them all.

ok is this for sure? i wish i wouldve checked my number b4 and after my partner grabbed one. if this is true then i'm really missing 2 tags, which i dont know where cause i've checked them all.

Yup. I've seen it in action. Not that I'm looking to bust your bubble, but m-a-y-b-e you might want to try deleting your save then doing it over on casual. Should be easy to go through the entire game to find the cogs.

how are you bursting my bubble? sounds like you're saying that both players get credit, which means i am infact missing two. or are you saying that i dont get credit and i need to redo it?

Yes both players get credit. What I'm saying is that if you glitched it somehow, you may want to try deleting your current save and restart a fresh one to see if that helps...

ok, i am certain the tags are glitched, here's why. i have been through the game damn nearly 6 times, i know where the tags are like the back of my hand and have been to every place to check via this guide and the pics. yesterday got my OXM mag and it had a detailed layout with pics also, so i checked and verified again and no tags to be found, i have 28. this is what i think may have happened.

i started single player and beat it with say around 20 tags. i then joined a co-op game my friend create to get the Dom achievements. during this i tried picking some tags i knew i missed. whats weird is that i was able to but the tags that i knew i had, and hwich he didnt i couldnt pick up. this should be like that and everything to this point seems to be ok. now we beat the game again and not having all tags. i'm 95% sure i had 27 starting the new game, which i hosted so he would get the achievements. now with the guide i knew which i were missing. the two in the china shop with berserker and the one on the dock. he grabbed the 2 in berserker level and i grabbed the one on the doc. we both have 28 now, but i know for a fact the last 2 i needed were in the china shop. i go back and start a new game for me and they're not there.

the way i went back to check is by loading a specific chapter, and could this be why? can someone verify that you can load a certain spot to find tag, or do you need to start a new game from the beginning for them to show? maybe this is whats going on.

also what further makes me think something glitched was my friend didnt get the final Dom achievement when we beat the game.

Can you please elaborate on 25, I think it's the one I'm missing.

once you enter the beginning of level head staright down the entrance, the Hope sign will be to your left and Locust on that side too. when you get to end of the street there is a door where the theron gaurds come out of during the battle, the tag is there.

alternately if you clear out the level and when you head to the exit for that stage, facing the exit it will be behind you and to the right.

I have 25/30 COG tags and I can't find #26. I know exactly where it's SUPPOSE to be (I even have the official guide), but there's nothing there. Anyone else have this issue of COG tags not appearing? I wonder if it's a bug of some sort or I'm just crazy. :eek:

I have 25/30 COG tags and I can't find #26. I know exactly where it's SUPPOSE to be (I even have the official guide), but there's nothing there. Anyone else have this issue of COG tags not appearing? I wonder if it's a bug of some sort or I'm just crazy. :eek:

read my 2nd post above yours, theres somethign up. have you played co-op with somone?

Let's see, from what I remember, you will enter a room with the carts that you have to ride in. In that room there will be some stairs leading down to the carts. Walk down to the carts and do a 180. You will now be facing the stairs and the cog tag is on the floor just left of the stairs.

lol every cog tag i found people cant find i only found 11 (without the cog tag list)

with all the people getting this, still no one can tell me if they got them before doing co-op and did you host or join, and did the team mate take any? i know where all the tags are, and i am missing two, the two that my team mate grabbed, and there are no where to be found. also can you reload chapters to find or play through from beginning.