Achievement Discussion

Webb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, i submitted the one on the site; i got it by Loading up Act 1 Chapter 2 (i think) where the helicopter starts killing the guys then you run up the stairs...

Once your up the stairs it saves the checkpoint, arm a grenade and lob it at the back of the little courtyard bit you walk out into, if you time it right (might take some practice) you can get the nade placed nicely as the 3 locust come round the corner taking all 3 of them out :)

yeah make sure you don't just reload your last checkpoint bc that will reset the number back to what it was, you need to die and reload or it wont count

you can do this right in the beginning of the game when they cut through the door as well... lob the grenade, run outside and get killed, reload then repeat.

Go to your campaign screen and select the load previous chapter. Next to each chapter in each act is a little symbol that says what difficulty you completed it on. Bronze and 1 star is Casual, Silver and 2 stars is Hardcore, and Gold and 3 stars is Insane.

Just replay whatever chapter(s) you don't have hardcore on.

yup you sure do! cause i let my nephew play single full screen to get the hang of it and he got to act 3, then when he came back over the next day i had already beat casual so we co-oped Hardcore and once we got to 4 and 5 he recieved his casual achievements as well..... and i just looked and all i dont have credit for for somereason is the General fight :( so im off to kill Ramm again!

Ok, so I was looking over the weapon achievements and was suprised to see there was no shotgun achievement. Which sucks because Ive been using that the most. My question then, what is considered Capital Punishment? When I glanced at these achievements the first time I figured there was one for each weapon. Looks like its going to be harder than I thought.

I think his question, which I would also like an answer to, is exactly how you accomplish an 'execution' which is what is required for the Capital Punishment award.

It is not the same thing as a Curb Stomp or blowing someone to bits with a shotgun. Does anyone know how exactly you execute someone to fulfill things for this award? I've racked up only 6 executions across all gametypes and I have no idea how I did them...

In order for your kill to be considered an 'execution', you need to either chainsaw your enemy when he's on his hands and knees or shoot him directly in the head when he's on his hands and knees. The way you can tell if it's an 'execution' kill, is if the symbol of the kill is a gun pointing at someone's head.

In order for your kill to be considered an 'execution', you need to either chainsaw your enemy when he's on his hands and knees or shoot him directly in the head when he's on his hands and knees. The way you can tell if it's an 'execution' kill, is if the symbol of the kill is a gun pointing at someone's head.

Thank you, this is very helpful. Do you know if this would also count toward your chainsaw achievement? Because then you could kill 2 birds with one stone. Actually, it would be even better to shoot their head off with the pistol while they're down, if it would count both the pistol kill and the execution.