Achievement Discussion

Webb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, wait a sec, wouldn't an execution count as a headshot as well then?

You have to blow somone's head off to get an execution anyways, so wouldn't it be both? That would make sense in reality, but not in the game sense... as you would gain both achievements at the same time then, thus making the whole point of having two different ones pretty much worthless... idk, somone clear this up for me before my head explodes :omg

I'm making a guide For the game.

2 really.

one for the Achievements and one for the multiplayer.

I wouldnt bother if i were you. 2 other ones have already been made...

For the achievement of Clusterluck, at the ending of Act 2, about 3-6 Boomers spawn from an emergence hole. There's a gas tank that you can collapse onto them...Can't you repeat this 10 times for the achievement? Reply, message, email back.

Jeffjr92492 Gamerscore 2380 =/ IM LAME =(

The guide f1aw made said you could do that, but you had to die in some way.

I take it this achievement is best done on casual mode when they have less energy?

Also, is there any way of knowing you have definitely done a tri-kill? (I spose I could always count the body parts). As I don't think I have ever done one yet I wondered if he said something specific, like "scratch three grubs!"? :confused:

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone actually know what they change as the difficulty increases? Locust strength is an obvious one but what else?

"Actually, it would be even better to shoot their head off with the pistol while they're down, if it would count both the pistol kill and the execution."

@ L3gion: Exactly! I was playing a vs game online and noticed that the guy on my team (I kept dying and going into spectator mode :( ) kept switching to his pistol and executing that way. When I asked him he said that it counted towards both achievements.

Yeah, just start it up on casual and get to the last door in the prison before you have to exit into the open courtyard. There will be exactly three locusts that will try and gain entrance into the prison, so you'll know if you got them all if anyone else tries to enter(or if one kills dom, the game will revive him after all three are gone). I suggest placing yourself close to the door and throwing your grenade slightly after the door explodes, otherwise it'll be too early. After you get them, throw a grenade in the corner and kill yourself, so you'll be able to reload the chapter and the game will count the kills.

yeah make sure you don't just reload your last checkpoint bc that will reset the number back to what it was, you need to die and reload or it wont count

That's not true. I reloaded the checkpoint from the start menu and it worked just fine.

Also, is there any way of knowing you have definitely done a tri-kill? (I spose I could always count the body parts). As I don't think I have ever done one yet I wondered if he said something specific, like "scratch three grubs!"? :confused:

If you do it during the prison sequence where they cut through the door, Dom will automatically go down when the door blows. (Red circle, needs to be revived.) When all three Locust are dead he'll auto-revive. So, if you toss your grenade and he revives when it explodes, you know you got it right. ;) Then just pause, Load Checkpoint and do it again.

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone actually know what they change as the difficulty increases? Locust strength is an obvious one but what else?

They have a shitload more health, better accuracy, do more damage per hit and are a LOT smarter. On Insane difficulty, get used to shooting out their knees or headshots with the sniper/shotgun. The bastards just will not die if you use the same tactics as you did on Casual and Hardcore. (The description for Insane says, "You are master of the headshot." for a very good reason.) They will flank you, dodge and roll, take cover immediately and will perfect reload for bonus damage. They're also crack shots with very nasty weapons. Learn to hate the torque bow. From "Tip of the Iceberg" on you're going to be cursing the day they gave them to Theron Guards...

It's too bad they have achievements for all weapons except the Lancer and Shotgun, since those are the weapons I tend to use a lot in multiplayer..

I think that's pretty much the point. Since you automatically start with those two weapons every round of every game, they didn't include weapon achievements for them. (Chainsaw doesn't really count imo because you have to be close-quarters to use it.)

The pistol they included because pretty much the only way to kill someone with a pistol is after you've already incapacitated them. If you can kill someone with just a pistol and no other attacks I think that warrants an achievement in itself. lol

I just got mine tonight, and here's how I did it.

In Act 1 on Casual, in the section of the game right after you rescue Cole and he becomes part of the "team", you come to the hallway where you run into the Wretches for the first time. When you get into the hallway, get your grenades ready, and walk to the right end of the hallway, down where the ammunition is.

Once the Wretches start dropping and the battle begins, just sit tight. Your teammates will take care of everything while you camp. You are waiting for Wretches to start coming out of the hole in the floor next to the ammo. Eventually (about 20 seconds after the battle starts), the Wretches will start coming out of the hole. If you can, dodge the first Wretch and wait for the second to come out. When it does, hit the B button and stick the grenade to him. Once you do that, try to get to a spot where at least three Wretches will be - probably close to the hole - more will come.

You won't always get three Wretches to be there when the grenade explodes. You will probably die each time the grenade explodes. This is OK - you will still get credit. When you do die, just reload from the last checkpoint from the menu.

It took me about 15, maybe 20, minutes to get the achievement.