post here if you beat COD 3 on veteran

Chris764

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat CoD3 on Veteran yesterday. While there were some very difficult parts (The Island and The Falaise River), CoD2 was definately harder. Most of CoD3's difficulty came from bad checkpointing, bad squad AI, and several other bugs in level design. All-in-all, I only recommend this to the die-hard WW2 fans.

I finished cod3 on veteran almost at the beginning of the release.

But i hated it, there were so many bugs and shit that i almost threw the cd to HELL.

Cod2 was mor fun to play on veteran, better singelplayer. Its all ewul i say.

I achieved this a long time ago, but I think CoD3 veteran was actually harder than CoD2. Might be because I actually enjoyed playing CoD2 Campaign. Most difficult levels had to be Fuel Plant and that forest. At some points I just had to wait still and let my AI buddies clear some enemies, cause whenever I lifted my head I got nailed by mg's and was unable to do anything. One of these points were in that second level (The Island?) where there is a ridge and on top of it a german defense line.

Just did the Veteran achievement!!! the canadian missions were far the hardest.

Yep, in WW1 and WW2, Canadians were the best fighters despite having worse weapons, navy, planes, shovels with holes in them, etc.

We always were there from the beginning (unlike a certain somebody), fought harder battles, scared the Germans the most.

And yet, noone seemed to notice.

Even in this game, the Canadian missions were harder and yet you get 10 gs for the achievement, while all the other countries get 15 or 20.

Also, in one of the Polish missions, they say something like "So we're going in by ourselves?" "No, the Canadians are behind us." "Ha, so we're by ourselves then."

...Ignorant pricks.

Oh and yeah, I beat Veteran quite a while ago and ended up getting the 1000.

I had never played another COD game, I just rented it, stuck it in, selected Veteran... :D

It was pretty damn hard, but what bothered me was that it wasn't hard as much as it was unfair.

You get shot more when you're behind a solid wall than when you're in the open.

You can't kill your enemies.

You kill them, but they just come back so why bother shooting them?

What kind of shooting game doesn't let you kill your friggin' enemies?

Just got this, I spent more then a few days working on games after being disgusted with this one. I hope Treyarch burns for making this game the way they did.

The game looks absolutely beautiful, but the horrible AI on both sides really messed this game up. Allies that run right in front of your firing line and germans that can't die? Fuck that, I'll never buy one of their games again.

• 1 month later...

Took me about 4 days to beat it on Veteran.

HOWEVER, I thought I'd be clever and start on Veteran to get all the campaign achievements in one go. NOT HAPPENING!!! Then went back, beat the game on Easy to get the layout, and then started again.

Some checkpoints are soooooo hard, but you get them eventually. The ones that are hardest are when your stupid squad do absolutely nothing and let you kill everyone. Ah well, it's done now.

M.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the hardest part of vetran is figuring out when the enemy respawns, when the allies will help, and where the pseudo-checkpoints are (ie where to advance to so the allies will follow and then the enemy stops re-spawning).

The reason I found CoD3 harder than CoD2 was not because the game was actually harder, but because I could not re-do the level on easy, figure out the above issues and then play vetran. Similarly if I was bored with a level in CoD2, I could skip around and do something else and then come back. Its a shame, but I think the game would have been spectacular if they had coop for the campaign. hopefully CoD4 will have that.

I'm playing COD3 on veteran right now, and it has been quite easy until now. I'm stuck at Falaise Road, in the warehouse. It's impossible to complete those 3 objectives (use the crane, turn the valve and plant the explosive) without a damn checkpoint. I always manage to complete two of them, but get killed while doing the third. It almost seems as if none of my smoke grenades work in that level. :( Does anyone have any pointers on that particular mission? I'm so frustrated with it lol.

Edit: K, I finally got through it.

• 1 month later...