- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10 [Achievement Difficulty Rating]
- Offline: 17 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 1-2 hours [Estimated Time to 100%]
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: <1 [technically don't need to finish the game for any achievements]
- Missable achievements: 8 [all non story achievements are missable; see roadmap]
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No - can play on Casual
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None
Welcome to 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek, the latest Artifex Mundi game. If you're unfamiliar with their games, they're old school point and click adventure games with a heavy emphasis on puzzles and hidden object scenes. Unlike all of their games before this one, this game doesn't have any skill related achievements for hidden object puzzles or minigames aside from one for the lockpick puzzles, but those are easily covered with a walkthrough solution. There are also barely any collectibles in this one. Combined, that makes this the easiest and fastest one of their games to date. Let's get started.
As with all Artifex Mundi games, there are collectibles. While there are multiple areas you can't return to, thankfully there aren't any collectibles in them. Even so, it's very easy to miss these collectibles since there are only nine, and therefore you won't know which scenes to even look for one in. As a result, I highly recommend keeping a collectible guide open while you play through the game (a great one can be found in Clue Collector (60G)). I highly recommend grabbing each collectible as soon as you reach that scene.
Aside from the missable collectible achievements, there are a number of miscellaneous achievements that are also missable, so you should be aware of them and, ideally, take care of them as soon as possible so you don't have to worry about them for the remainder of your playthrough. One is game-spanning:
- Complete all puzzles (i.e. minigames) without skipping them (Puzzle Master (80G))
- Complete three Hidden Object Puzzles (HOPs) without using a hint (Unaided (50G))
- Complete the three Lockpick puzzles in under 3 minutes total (Arsene Lupin (70G))
- Find 3 newspapers (Avid Reader (60G))
- Play with Breebo the cat (Cat Lady (60G)); refer to this one first, as it's easy to miss and is gotten very early in the game
Aside from the collectible achievements and bunch of miscellaneous achievements above, all other achievements are story related. By the time you complete the main game, you should have all achievements. The bonus chapter is not required for any achievements.
9 Clues doesn't add anything unique or interesting as far as gameplay, although it does have a more open feel since the entire game takes place across all of the same accessible areas. Both the minigames and HOPs felt extremely easy in this one, with almost no challenge whatsoever..On top of that, thanks to some easier miscellaneous achievements, this is one of the easier and quicker Artifex Mundi games. Congrats on another quick (and hopefully enjoyable) completion!