Master of the Maghreb Achievement
Master of the Maghreb5
Complete the Tariq ibn Ziyad Campaign.*Story related and can't be missed
Tariq ibn Ziyad is the third Campaign of "The African Kingdoms" expansion to Age of Empires 2 and consists of five levels. Upon completing the final one the achievement will unlock.
There are no mission specific achievements in this and it is quite easy so play through your own way.
Some tips for the missions are:
- 1st Level - At start take your full army west and attack Roderic's army, if you kill Roderick his men will lose HP making it an easier battle, then build your base near where you started, orange will provide you with troops, you'll just need some siege to get through he walls/fortifications to purples base in the north.
- 2nd Level - Once you take your base, build your economy quickly, you can place gates at all the entrances to shore up your defences, you should have a reasonable sized army from your alley along with trebuchets. take it and just work your way round the map killing enemies, staring in the south and moving clockwise round works. If any enemy starts building a wonder focus on them.
- 3rd Level - Your bases are relatively easy to defend, build your economy, advance to the imperial age and build some trebuchets, then take your southern army west and break through the red bases so your armies can meet, there after you can just go on the attack against the main enemies, your allies will provide you with troops occasionally which can help.
- 4th Level - Keep your trade cart and hero to the back and move up with them once your main army has secured an area. you can either go east around the outside of the map or west around the outside. the best route is to actually start going east until you find your allies town to get the upgrades, then double back and head clockwise round the outside of the map instead, as then you can find the other ally base later on and the enemies seem weaker.
- 5th Level - Again quite easy, attack the villages at the beginning but retreat after destroying the monastery at each, the southern area is a good place to build a base once you can, the enemies have no villagers so any buildings you destroy wont be rebuilt.