- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
- Offline: 41 
- Online: 9 
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 8-10 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 [Season Mode might need to be simmed a few times]
- Missable Achievements: None!
- Glitched achievements: None!
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes! ("Shut Out the A.I. on All-Pro Difficulty", "Shut Out the A.I. on Legend Difficulty", "Shut out the A.I. on Pro Difficulty", and the Online must be played on the Pro Mode)
Welcome to All Pro Football 2K8. This game is very similar to Madden games. If you are good at those games then you should do fine with this. The controls are basically the same as Madden controls.
Step 1: [Beginning]
As soon as you load up the game, you are forced to create a team and you will be rewarded with 5. After you make your team, click on “Manage Teams” and then alter any option and save which will snag you the 5 achievement for editing your team. In the same section (“Manage Teams”), there will be an option to create a player. Do this and it will snag you the other 5 achievement for creating a player.
Step 2: [Single Season Records]
Next is the slow process of simming through the single season. For the next 390, it must be done in season mode. Here are the settings and requirements to get the achievements:
- Play at least one game through and win to get the achievement for playing a season game.
- Make sure you get 29 touchdowns in the single season BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS. Best player for this is OJ Simpson. NOTE: Touchdowns with quarterbacks do not count. Must be a WR or a RB. Must be with the same player.
- Make sure you get 23 sacks BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS. In case you do not know what a sack is, it is when a player on defensive tackles and brings down the quarterback before he gets rid of the ball. This can be done when you turn off sides off so that before the ball is snapped you will be on the wrong side and tackle the quarterback as soon as it is snapped. NOTE: Must be done with the same player.
- Make sure you get 2,105+ yards with a SINGLE running back BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS. Pretty self-explanatory. NOTE: A good running back for this is Barry Sanders.
- Make sure you get 1,848+ yards with a SINGLE wide receiver BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS. Pretty self-explanatory. NOTE: A good wide receiver for this is Jerry Rice.
- Make sure you get 5,084+ passing yards with a SINGLE quarterback BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS. Pretty self-explanatory. NOTE: A good quarterback for this is Joe Montana.
- Make sure you get 16 Interceptions with a SINGLE player. This is a little more challenging. This should be simmed. After each game, check the stats. If a player got an interception, save and sim the next game. Make sure the same player gets interceptions. If he doesn’t get an interception, quit out an reload the save game. NOTE: A good cornerback that gets interceptions is Night Train.
- Make sure you get 7 Forced Fumbles with a SINGLE player BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS. This is very difficult to do in game. This is when you force a fumble upon a ball being kicked, passed, or knocked from the hands of a player. Easiest done if simmed. Do the same tactic as the Interceptions. NOTE: The simming takes a while even though you only need seven. I got this by kicking it off to the other team and blocking them until 4th down. When they go to punt it back I run a player in front of the kicker and block the ball and cause a forced fumble. This does not work every shot, but I think it is quicker than loading up the game and restarting if no forced fumble is obtained.
- Do NOT lose any game. (After each game, played or simmed, make sure you save if you win. If you lose, quit the season and reload until you win the game.)
The next 110 is awarded for setting goals in a SINGLE GAME. Make sure you set the time to the highest to ensure that you achieve all of your goals for the achievements. Here are the goals:
- 8 Touchdowns in a SINGLE game. Does not need to be with the same player.
- 8 Sacks with a SINGLE player. Make sure to turn off penalties and go off-sides before the ball is snapped.
- 296 Rushing Yards with a SINGLE player. Self-explanatory have a gold or silver running back.
- 337 Receiving Yards with a SINGLE player. Self-explanatory have a gold or silver wide receiver.
- 555 Passing Yards with a SINGLE player. Self-explanatory have a good quarterback.
- 5 Interceptions with a SINGLE player. More difficult. If it helps turn on a second controller and keep throwing “Hail Mary” passes and you should get some interceptions eventually.
- 4 Forced Fumbles with a SINGLE player. Very Difficult. Make sure to use the tactic I explained for the Season Record Forced Fumbles. Turn off penalties and block punts.
If you have gotten the last 515 with no problems, then these last few achievements should be a breeze. They are all self-explanatory, but if I have any pointers I will note them.
- Catch 10 Passes with a Bronze WR
- Throw for 500 Yards with a Gold QB in a Single Game (Should get this when going for the Single Game Record)
- Pass for 200 Yards & Rush for 50 Yards with a Silver QB in a single game
- Throw 6 Touchdown Passes with a Bronze QB
- Gain 150 Rec YDS each with a Bronze and a Gold WR (This means to get 150 receiving yards with 2 different wide receivers. One a Bronze and one a Gold.)
- Gain 200 Rec YDS with a Bronze WR
- Gain 250 Rushing Yards with a Bronze Running Back in a single game
- Gain 200 Rushing+100 Receiving Yards with a Gold Running Back in a single game
- Score 4 Rushing Touchdowns with a Silver Running Back in a single game
- Get 5 sacks in a single game with a Bronze Defender
- Record 15 Tackles with a Silver Player
- Shut Out the A.I. on All-Pro Difficulty
- Shut Out the A.I. on Legend Difficulty
- Shut out the A.I. on Pro Difficulty (For these 3 difficulty specific achievements, set the time limit to 1 minute. This can also be done with 2 controllers as well, just make sure it is set to the correct difficulty.)
- Return a Fumble for a Touchdown (Use the same method for the Forced Fumbles but make sure when you fumble the punt, pick it up and return it for a touchdown.)
- Get a Safety (A safety is when you tackle a player in their own end zone. This can be done by moving the team back with sacks until you get him in the end zone.)
- Get 2 INTs with a Gold defender in a single game. (Night Train was the only person I could get interceptions with by using the “Hail Mary” method.)
- Return an INT for a Touchdown (As with the last achievement, Night Train is your best bet, just make sure that after you intercept it, you run it all the way back for a touchdown.)
- Near the end of the 2nd qtr or later, score an 80 yard TD (Self-explanatory, but it must be a continuous drive consisting of 80 yards or more meaning you can start from your end zone and run it all the way up to the opposite end zone and score a touchdown.
In my opinion, these are the most time consuming achievements in the game. The online achievements come out to a total of 200. You must win a total of 50 games online, including getting a 3 and 5 game win streak. This can be done by finding a partner in the forums.
NOTE: in order to get these achievements quick, it is recommended that one player quit out 10 times, and then switch until the 50th win. On the 50th game, you cannot quit out. You need to play the whole game. After playing the whole game, all of the multiplayer achievements will unlock.
Now onto the Leagues. There are 3 achievements one for joining a league, one for playing a league, and one for wining a league. Use the forums to find 3 people because the leagues require 4 or more people. Refer to the guide on setting up leagues and agree to take turns winning the league. Once one person wins, the league must be restarted.
Overall, this was a pretty ordinary 1000. Nothing too difficult or too time consuming. NOTE: The Season Record and the Single Game Record achievements may not be able to be obtained in one shot. Multiple playthroughs might be required.