Mixing Up The Medicines Achievement
Mixing Up The Medicines20
Complete memory sequence 6.
This is a story related achievement that can't be missed. There are six optional objectives that you will want to complete as you are playing the sequence. If you miss them, you can reload a checkpoint if you are still within the mission, or replay the entire mission at any time from the menus. The optional objectives for each memory are listed below:
Memory 1 - Diving For Medicines
- Loot treasure chests: You will need to loot 3 treasure chests. There are seven total in the memory, but one is really part of a cut scene and doesn't count. You only need to loot three of the others by swimming to them and pressing . There are three available in the first area where there are no sharks, so those are much easier to obtain. Once you open the glowing hatch and swim inside, you can't go back to that area.
- Avoid being attacked by a shark: Seaweed and wreckage are your friends. Sharks show detection signs similar to guards on land, with a yellow alert on the screen that slowly fills. If you see one pop up, head for cover immediately and wait for it to disappear.
Memory 2 - Devil's Advocate
- Rescue survivors: You will need to rescue five survivors before reaching the main objective (which is a ship at anchor next to a small island). Survivors are shipwrecked sailors adrift at sea. They will show up on your mini-map and you can pick them up by steering close to them and pressing when prompted. There are many more than five on a direct path to the objective, although this may be somewhat random. If for some reason you haven't found five by the time you get close to the objective, circle around until you find five as there is no time restraint.
- Kill guards stunned by smoke bombs: You will need to kill three guards while they are stunned by smoke bombs. This should be pretty routine at this point: approach a guard (or a group of them), drop a smoke bomb, and press to assassinate them. Rinse and repeat until you have three.
Memory 3 - The Siege of Charles-Towne
- Use sleep darts on crocodiles: Using your Eagle Vision is definitely key to staying alive in this mission, much less finding crocodiles to put to sleep. The crocodiles will be in red, and you will need to use sleep darts on three to satisfy the objective. Once you are walking/wading and this objective becomes active, I thought this was the hardest part of the entire game because the map becomes useless and you are wandering around in the dark trying to keep up with the targets you are trailing. The crocodiles weren't a problem, but getting lost and falling behind can be an issue.
- Skin a crocodile: As soon as you jump off the boat, there will be a crocodile right in front of you. Activate Eagle Vision to make this easier, and then shoot it with a sleep dart, approach it at a run (because you are in a hurry, after all) and press to skin it. Easiest optional objective in the game.
At the end of this sequence, you will be pulled out of the animus and start present day mission 3.