Complete memory sequence 8.
This is a story related achievement that can't be missed. There are six optional objectives that you will want to complete as you are playing the sequence. If you miss them, you can reload a checkpoint if you are still within the mission, or replay the entire mission at any time from the menus. The optional objectives for each memory are listed below:
Memory 1 - Do Not Go Gently...
- Use heavy shot to incapacitate the Man O' War: You will need to use heavy shot to deal the final blow to the Man O' War. You can use any other weapons to lower its health as long as it is still alive. Heavy shots are fired from your deck cannon by looking either left or right and pulling without holding down to aim. They are much shorter ranged than normal shot and shoot straight out from the sides of the ship.
- Kill guards: You will need to kill four guards to complete this objective. When this optional objective becomes active, you will have a guard directly to your front who is an easy assassination. Go toward your targets and hide in the stalking zone until the targets and nearby guard are looking away from you, then assassinate that guard. There is a third guard outside the building as you are following your targets, and another inside and to the left.
Memory 2 - Vainglorious Bastards
- Damage the Royal African Pearl with an upgraded ram: You will need to steer the Jackdaw directly into the Pearl to damage her with your ram. You also have to have upgraded the ram to either the reinforced ram, advanced ram, or elite ram. If you have been following the road map, this will have been done back in Sequence 6 and should not be an issue. After rescuing Vane, both optional objectives will activate and the Pearl will be directly ahead and to your left. Go to full speed and aim for the middle of the ship. Note that if you have an elite ram, this will reduce the Pearl's health to almost zero. Do not board her until you complete the second optional objective!
- Use the fort's defenses to sink a ship: If you are following the road map you will have captured Fort Cabo de Cruz and this should be reasonably easy. There are several enemy ships directly north of you who will be engaging you, and the fort should attack them without delay. If for some reason it doesn't, steer towards them and get them chasing you in a circle so the mortars from the fort have a better chance of hitting them. If you have not captured the fort, you can take much the same approach, but will likely need to get the ships to chase you toward the fort. Feel free to disable the Pearl first, but don't board her until this is marked complete.
Memory 3 - Marooned
- Not an optional memory, but if you have the treasure map for the elite fire barrel storage plan, it is right at the beginning of this memory to your left as you start.
- Skin animals: You will need to skin 3 animals to complete this secondary objective. There are several animal spawn points along your path, but I recommend getting it out of the way at the first one. As you leave the beach, a black jaguar will spawn on the path. Kill and skin it, then return to the beach. Rinse and repeat until you have skinned three of them. You can beat them in the minigame, or hide in the stalking zone and whistle to attract it. You have no ranged weapons, so not a lot of other choices.
- Air assassinate Vane: Once this optional objective activates, you will need to climb up the right and back side of the structure he is yelling at you from. There is a viewpoint at the top for easy reference, so aim to get up to the viewpoint, synchronize, and then assassinate Vane with your hidden blades.