-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 18 (300)
-Approximate amount of time to 300: 8+ Hours (2+ Hours without DLC)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 (1 for each difficulty)
-Number of missable achievements: 1 (Color Me Impressed)
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? None
As the world’s great cities fall, there remains one place that becomes the last stand for mankind in a battle no one expected. It’s up to you to take on an enemy unlike any ever encountered before. Battle: Los Angeles is a First Person Shooter game based off the movie Battle: Lost Angeles! You are accompanied by fellow soldiers as you shoot your way through the streets to stop the invasion. This game has an easy 12 achievements worth 200. You will have to play through the game three times since the difficulty achievements don't stack. Get ready to jump into the shoes of a soldier who puts his life on the line to defend Earth!
Step 1: Easy Playthrough
On your first playthrough you will want to start on Easy. Since you have to play through the game three times anyway it will be best to start at the lowest difficulty to get used to the game. On your first playthrough you will be getting all the side achievements which are relatively easy and will probably come just through natural progression. These achievements -in order- are: Long Range, Hummer, and Rocketman. The campaign should take less than an hour to complete and all the other achievements are either story related or difficulty related with the exception of One Hundo and See Your Video. See Your Video requires you to watch a video in the unlockable section which can only be done after completing the game on any difficulty. One Hundo requires you to complete each difficulty once which unlocks all the unlockables. After you beat the game the first time make sure you get See Your Video.
Step 2: Normal Playthrough
Now it is time for you to beat the game on Normal. You will be going for the achievement Color Me Impressed (complete a mission without dying, failing, or restarting a checkpoint on Normal) and Staff Sergeant (complete campaign on Normal). You have three missions to try to get Color Me Impressed. Each mission is pretty easy and doesn't require much strategy. Refer to the tips to the achievement guide and in Step 3.
Step 3: Hard Playthrough
This will be your last playthrough. You will be more familiar with the game and the spawns of the enemies. You will want to take your time with this playthrough by staying back and using cover a lot. If you complete the game on Easy and Normal first you will unlock "Mods" found in the Main Menu. You can use them to make the game easier and the achievements will still unlock. Once you complete this playthrough you will unlock One Hundo and Sergeant Major. Here are some tips for Hard:
- Do NOT rush towards the enemies. Stay far back and behind cover. Use crouch to stay low behind cover and pop out when you are not injured to shoot enemies.
- Avoid hiding behind cars because they can blow up. If you need to hide behind a car, make sure it is not on fire.
- Try to go for head shots or torso shots.
- When you are injured, hide behind cover until you are fully healed. To be on the safe side, hide behind cover BEFORE your screen goes black and white with red around the screen. This means that you are near death.
- When fighting the Alien Air Units with the Rocket Launcher, there is a good strategy to kill them faster. Right as they start charging their shot, shoot your rocket launcher at them. Reload and shoot again quickly as possible. You can sometimes get 2 shots off before waiting for them to charge again which makes the process go by twice as fast
- You can make the game even easier by turning Aim Assist "On". Go to Help & Options, then Settings, then Game Settings to turn on Aim Assist. Make sure you click to accept. This will make sniping much easier too. An effective way to cover Nants when ever you need to.
This game is a relatively easy 200. It will require little effort, but a bit of patience since you will have to complete the game three times. Overall the game is okay but could have been a lot better if they worked on the gameplay and added multiplayer. Within four hours of gaming you will have the 200!
[x360a would like to thank Venomized for this roadmap]