-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline: 51 (1100)
-Approximate amount of time to 1100: 25 - 35 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: Several (see below)
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats
As you delve into a Mad Man’s utopia, this Road Map will help you obtain all 100% one playthrough. I will do my best to reduce any spoilers.
Before you get started:
You need to do the following if you have not already done so.
1. Accept the game update.
2. Download the FREE DLC.
*The game did not recognize this update for me right away, so you may have to restart your XBOX.
Preparing for the journey:
1. Use all resources available in the Bioshock forum.
2. Save often, using all 50 save slots.
3. Explore all areas thoroughly. The map will let you know if you have not explored a certain area.
4. Plan your battles with Big Daddies before you start a fight.
5. Refrain from spending ADAM on more than a couple of HEALTH and EVE upgrades and only purchase PLASMIDS such as ENRAGE and version 2 and 3 of INCINERATE and ELECTRO-BOLT.
Missable Achievements: Although you can return to almost all of Rapture prior to the final battle in the Proving Grounds, there are a few places that will close off permanently when you leave them.
1. Historian and collecting all 122 Diaries. There are three diaries that you will not be allowed to return to so you must collect them before leaving their area. Two of them are in the Welcome the Rapture level in the very beginning of the game labeled, Hole in the bathroom - Steve Barker and New Year’s Eve Alone - Diane McClintock. The third is much later in the story in the Control Room labeled, The Vita Chamber - Suchong. The entire list is HERE.
2. There are two secret achievements related to Cohen, so do not kill him in Fort Frolic. If you do, you will not receive the achievement for reaching his room in Olympus Heights.
3. Weapon Specialist & weapon upgrade achievements. Follow the link here and don’t kill Cohen until you reach Olympus Heights.
4. Little Sisters. We are SAVING all of them to obtain 100%. An ADAM bonus waiting at the closest Gatherer’s Garden after every three that you save.
5. The 53 TONICS are obtained from finding them, researching subjects with the camera, saving Little Sisters, inventing them at U-Invent machines, and purchasing them with ADAM at the Gatherer’s Garden. Tonics obtained in this way count towards the 53 that you need for the achievement. All of the new ones from the DLC cost one ADAM. More info here.
Start your Game:
Start a NEW game. Choose HARD as the difficulty. When the game starts and you are in the water, go to the options screen. Set the “Disable Vita-Chambers” option to ON. Quit then start a NEW game on HARD. This will ensure that you do not suddenly arise in a vita chamber.
Checklist & where Achievements should/can be obtained:
1. Welcome to Rapture: Diaries: 2, Plasmid: 1, Weapons Found (WF): Wrench & Pistol, Achievements: Toaster in the Tub, Completed Welcome
2. Medical Pavilion: Big Daddies: 1, Little Sisters: 2, Diaries: 17, Plasmids: 2, Tonics: 5, WF: Machine Gun & Shotgun, Achievements:One Successful Hack, Hacked a Security Bot, Hacked a Vending Machine, Hacked a Turret, Hacked a Security Camera, Hacked a Safe, Defeated Dr. Steinman, Bought One Slot
3. Neptune’s Bounty: Big Daddies & Little Sisters (BD/LS): 3, Diaries: 19, Power to the People: 1, Plasmids: 1, Tonics: 3, WF: Machine Grenade Launcher & Camera, Achievements:Researched a Splicer, Quality Research Photo, Skilled Hacker, Defeated Peach Wilkins, Upgraded a Weapon
4. Smuggler’s Hideout: Diaries: 3
5. Arcadia: BD/LS: 2, Diaries: 17, Power to the People: 1, Tonics: 2, WF: Chemical Thrower, Achievements: Basic Inventor, Fully Researched Gun Splicer, Fully Researched Thug Splicer, Fully Researched Houdini Splicer, Fully Researched Rosie, Max One Track, One Fully Upgraded Weapon
6. Farmer’s Market: BD/LS: 1, Diaries: 8 (the one labeled First Encounter will show up on another list when you go to view the ones you have), Power to the People: 1, Tonics: 2, Achievements: Ammo Inventor
7. Return to Arcadia Diaries: 1 (On your way to the Fort Frolic near the Bathysphere Station), Achievements: Restored the Forest
8. Fort Frolic: BD/LS: 3, Diaries: 14, Power to the People: 2, Tonics: 5, WF: Crossbow, Achievements: Fully Researched Spider Slicer,Two Fully Upgraded Weapons,Prolific Photographer, Lucky Winner, Complete Cohen’s Masterpiece
9. Hephaestus: BD/LS: 3, Diaries: 17, Power to the People: 2, Tonics: 4, Achievements: Three Fully Upgraded Weapons, Fully Researched Bouncer, Max all Tracks, Fully Researched Little Sister
10. Rapture Central Control: Diaries: 3, Achievements: Defeated Andrew Ryan
11. Olympus Heights: BD/LS: 2, Diaries: 6, Power to the People:2, Tonics: 2, Achievements: Fully Researched Nitro Splicer, Research PHD, Broke Fontaine’s Mind Control, Four Fully Upgraded Weapons, Founds Cohen’s Room, Irony
12. Apollo Square: BD/LS: 2, Diaries: 6, Power to the People: 1, Tonics: 2, Achievements: Five Fully Upgraded Weapons
13. Point Prometheus: BD/LS: 3, Diaries: 9, Power to the People: 2, Tonics: 4, Achievements: Weapons Specialist, Tonic Collector, Avid Inventor, Historian, Dealt with every Little Sister, Become a Big Daddy
14. Proving Ground: Achievements: Defeated Atlas, Little Sister Savior, Seriously Good at This, Brass Balls
Good Luck in Rapture!