- Estimated achievement difficulty: 9/10
- Offline: 13 
- Online: 0
- Approximate time: 15 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: None!
- Glitched achievements: None!
- Cheats: No!
At the end of the day, this is a straightforward list of achievements that require you to complete each mission on the Veteran difficulty. There are no achievements for completing random acts, ie. you do not have to go out of your way to get them.
Welcome to Call of Duty 2, the second installment of the Call of Duty franchise and the first on the 360. This game has 13 achievements, all of which are single player. You will only need one playthrough to unlock every achievement; provided you play on Veteran first time through. However, if you wish to play it on Recruit to learn the missions, objectives and enemy spawn points, feel free. If you are struggling with finishing the game, you may choose to complete it on Hardened if you have already finished a handful of missions on Veteran. This will fetch you the achievement for completing the game on Hardened OR Veteran. However, you will still have to complete the remaining missions on Veteran to gain the achievements for completing the specific mission.
There is one cheat that you can use that will not prevent you from getting achievements. To use it, go to the mission select menu and put in this code:
While holding + , input , , , , ,
NOTE: for the cheat, you need to hold both bumpers while entering in the rest of the code. Also, make sure that the "left" and "right" are doing on the directional pad.
This should unlock all levels; it also won't prevent you from earning any achievements. (Thanks to PerpetualHeaven for the cheat info)
Playthrough - Veteran Difficulty
Although you may choose to start on Recruit to memorize the missions and what to do, I personally started on Veteran difficulty as all the achievements are gained for completing on Veteran. There isn't much to say about veteran, other then the fact that most of your time playing Call of Duty 2 will be from dying. Unless, of course, you are a god at Call of Duty. An excellent walkthrough of the game with detailed objectives and what to do can be found HERE.
As a general rule of thumb in all the Call of Duty games, Veteran difficulty is hard. Here are a couple of tips applicable to all four COD games:
1. Patience is a virtue. But don't be too patient! Never enter a battle unless you have other soldiers with you. They will make your life a lot easier. Some places have enemies that infinitely spawn, so here you will have the move up to stop the influx of enemy soldiers. Others, you just need to kill every soldier. These are the ones you need to be patient on. Make sure every last soldier is dead before moving on.
2. It is literally raining with grenades on Veteran, as if the Germans have the Catch skull on from Halo 3. Camping too long in one spot will surely get you killed.
3. Smoke grenades, while having no lethal capabilities, will make life a lot easier. Especially with mounted machine guns all over the place. Smoke grenades do not appear in vast amounts, so don't spam them.
4. Being prone and crouching is a very big part of running through this game on Veteran. Chances are, most of the cover you find will be smaller then your standing height. So go prone/crouch. This will make you a smaller target, thus harder the hit, and in turn you will have less deaths.
5. Treat Veteran difficulty like Realistic in Rainbow Six. Cover! Cover! Stay in cover at all times. And remember, if you want to help out your teammates, peak out on the side while prone or over the top and shoot a single burst on a single guy. Go back down and reload, then rinse and repeat.
To wrap this up, Call of Duty 2 is a fairly arduous 1000 to achieve. I can almost guarantee that you will pull out hair, yell at your TV, and throw stuff around. Again, you do not have to go out of your way to achieve any of these achievements; they all come by playing the game on Veteran.
[XBA would like to thank Eternal for this Roadmap]