- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 [Achievement Difficulty Rating]
- Offline: 46 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 20-25 Hours [Estimated Time to 100%]
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Missable achievements: None
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed: No
- DLC: The Foundation
- Difficulty: 4/10
- Time to 195: 4-5 hours
- Unobtainable/glitched: Yes, "Subterranean Research" is buggy
- DLC: Altered World Events
- Difficulty: 4/10 [1/10 when One-Hit Kills and Immortality are enabled]
- Time to 195: 3-4 hours
- Unobtainable/glitched: None
Welcome to the Federal Bereau of Control, Director. You play as Jesse Faden in this new action-adventure game brought to you by 505 Games and Remedy Entertainment. To figure out what happened to your brother, Dylan, you must explore the phenomenon that is going on in the Oldest House, the New York headquarters of the FBC. So grab your controller, upgrade your abilities, and hunt down the Objects of Power and annihilate some Hiss.
As you start your journey into finding out what happened to your brother, Dylan, it's recommended to focus on upgrading a primary and secondary weapon. Focus on Grip first; this weapon is your starter weapon and it can pack a punch when slotted with damage, reload, and after-a-kill damage bonus mods. Your secondary weapon should be Shatter, CONTROL's version of a shotgun. This weapon is crucial when it comes to the Hiss rushing you out of cover, and is a beast when taking down enemy armor. When it comes to upgrading your abilities, focus on HEALTH first then use two personal health mods to raise your health bar and a Seize Accelerator mod to get the enemies to help you in a tight spot. If possible, equip a personal mod that reduces the use of your energy bar as it is shared by Launch, Evade, and Shield. Use Levitate and Evade to your advantage when fully upgraded. When in trouble, don't forget to crouch, stay behind solid cover or for temporary cover. It's okay to back out of a fire fight to evaluate the situation. Never stay in one spot, always keep moving. Try and incorporate Launch into your attacks against armored enemies. Chipping them with weapon attacks will stretch out the gun fight more than it has to.
Do not hoard mods! Once you get a better grade mod, deconstruct the lesser version and duplicates. This way the Paranatural Collection achievement comes sooner. The mods are in these tiers: I - Common, II - Uncommon, III - Rare, IV - Prime, V - Absolute. Don't bother upgrading your Mods in Control Point / Astral Constructs / Mods. Save your materials until your Weapons Forms are completely upgraded. Scavenging for mods and enemy drops are easier and cost you nothing.
After finishing the final mission, you can continue working on those side missions you may have missed, hunt down those hidden locations to max out your abilities, and Board Countermeasures as they are a bit grindy. The areas do respawn the necessary enemies types for you to take them on. With these mop ups, no achievement is considered missable.
As the new Director of the FBC, you are summoned to take care of a situation at The Foundation through a phone call in the Hotline Chamber. Unless some areas are blocked off by Hiss nodes, it's okay to run away from a fight in case your health is too low. With new skills and abilities to use during a fight, take advantage of your environment to pick them off one by one. With new and more power versions of your mods, grab your Service Weapon and solve the mystery around the Nail. Good luck, Director!
Step 1: Recommended Personal Mod Setup - I highly recommend looking out for a Launch Health Recovery as these are a good addition to the game. This one will also come in handy when tackling the "Jesse Faden starring in 'Swift Platform'" mission when going up against The Third Act Villain. The other two to look out for should be Health and Seize Accelerator mods. Even if the they're low grade, equip them then deconstruct it/them when you obtain better grade ones. The only thing about looking out for these mods are that they're dropped randomly, and you may miss the opportunity on such drops if you run by the enemies.
- Focus on reload, damage and damage after kill for weapon mods. The main two weapons to focus on are Grip and Shatter. Shatter is perfect when the Sharpened rush you to create some space.
- Upgrade Health 6, Energy 6 and Shield Rush first. With the new update, the developers have added new abilities for you to upgrade. These will be essential for the new enemies whom have a desire to just rush you relentlessly.
- Work on finding all of the collectibles, Maneki-nekos and the hidden locations after receiving both Foundation skills (Shape and Fracture). This way when you go hunting for them, you won't hit a roadblock due to a lack of skill needed. Remember that even when claiming all of the collectibles, you must have finished the Foundation story for you to be credited as finding them all as some are given to you automatically by the game when entering new areas and finishing missions.
- Call in Ranger help when available at the radio network stations if you feel that the situation beforehand is too much for you to handle. I have discovered that if you did not call in a Ranger during your first playthrough that an entire squad of Rangers will join you in the final boss confrontation.
"Is that THE Alan Wake? The famous writer?" Well, yes, it is, Director Faden. Welcome to the new DLC expansion of Control, players - The AWE DLC. It was released by Remedy Entertainment and published by 505 Games. Head to the Investigations Sector as a mysterious person calls for your help there. With a new Service Weapon in tow (the Surge), it's your job to cleanse this part of the Old House of Altered World Events, hunt down vending machines, play some arcade games, and eradicate Hartman as it scared the daylights out of Langston. Now take control and do your job. Or is someone writing your actions...?
Walkthrough: How to approch the new DLC
The DLC will start up after finishing the main game's story; preferably at ENDGAME.
Recommended Setup - A mod setup is not recommended here unless you want to try it legit. For those Control casual players, do yourselves a favor and play as I did on my replay of the DLC. Go to OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY and scroll down to "Immortality" and "One-Hit Kills" - check them on. These options will save you a lot of headaches when it comes to dealing with the Hiss and Hartman. Hence why I gave it a 1/10 with these features on. Don't worry, they won't affect your achievement progression as these are not "true" cheats. These god-like features will help you out on several, if not all, the achievements in the guide.
Remember to take your time in unfamiliar areas, and don't get surrounded by enemies. Running away is a good alternative when health is low as you can pick them off from afar. Good luck, Director!