- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
- Offline: 43 (1000 )
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000 : 20-25 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: 4
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes
- Glitched achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: No
This is an easy, fun and relatively quick game for 1000 . Follow the steps below to minimize your playtime.
Except for the four missable achievements, there is absolutely nothing you can miss. You can travel everywhere you need to after you beat the game.
For BFA (Unlocked EVERYTHING!), this seems to stack across multiple playthroughs. Because I only missed Improvised Kills (and BFA of course), I started another game and when I got this achievement, BFA popped up right after.
Step 1: Play on Apocalyptic difficulty setting. It's not really hard, just learn to dodge and try to get the 10 Abyssal Armor pieces as soon as you can after you get the Abyssal Chain.
Step 2: Use the environment (cars, tables, poles etc.) to kill 150 zombies or other easy enemies until you get: Improvised Kills
Step 3: Use your secondary weapon (Scythe and Tremor Gauntlet) a lot on easy monsters to minimize weapon XP grinding after you beat the game. Don't worry about getting your Chaoseater to level four, trust me.
Step 4: Make sure to collect Fury's Embrace from The Black Throne. This item will reveal all collectibles and all maps. Shortly after you obtain the Voidwalker, you will come across a room with no floor and a self building bridge, look up to the left and you will see a portal spot.
Step 5: Finish the remaining achievements. This should be mostly killing and collecting.
The 4 missable achievements are:
- Open Air Parking - In the first level, you come across a Rock Giant, just after a checkpoint. A chopper will come flying your direction, grab a car with , click and aim it at the copper. If you miss, just reload your checkpoint.
- Aerial Predator - On your way to the Twilight Cathedral make a manual save before you use the only Beholder Key in the level The Broken Stair.
You will play a Panzer Dragoon style minigame, focus on the smaller enemies that will cross your screen. This achievement may take a few tries. Also check your kill count before starting this, so you can check areas where you can improve on kills inbetween the checkpoints.
- Who's Counting? - Make a manual save right after you exit the sewers in The Anvil's Ford. After meeting Ulthane, you will have to fight Angels. Don't worry too much in the beginning, after you find a gun dropped by an enemy, use this to catch up and overtake Ulthane's killcount. Also, don't hesitate to "help" Ulthane, so you will get more kills.
- Improvised Kills - When I tried going for this, I found out that there weren't enough destructibles left to get 150 kills this way, so get this done when you can. Zombies and spiders are good for this. Just don't destroy too many destructibles for Souls.
Just play and finish the game on Apocalyptic, make sure you get the four missable achievements. After you collected the Mask of Shadows, you can open and reach every chest you need to complete this game for a sweet 1000 .