- Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
- Offline: 39/44 (945)
- Online: 5/44 (55)
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 30 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+ (Achievement Trading and Cleanup)
- Number of missable achievements: 12
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes see Worthy of Legend for more information
- Glitchy achievements: Yes (Enduring Champion & Merchant of Ehb)
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed?: None
- Is there DLC?: Yes
Treasure of the Sun DLC
- Difficulty: 3/10
- Time to 250: 2-3 Hours
- Unobtainable: None
Welcome to "Dungeon Siege III", the game that should have had a different title, as it is nothing like it's predecessors. Regardless it is a very fun game to play and is a relatively easy game to get the 44 achievements for 1000. This game has what is commonly referred to as “Fable 2 Co-op”. What this means is that when you join someone’s game you play as their secondary characters with their stats and equipment, and most importantly for achievements, at their stage in the game. This can be used to trade almost every single achievement in the game, so make sure you make use of the Achievement Trading Thread!
Step 1: First Play Through
First off it is suggested you just run through the game on Normal, as this is good practice for Hardcore, but you can choose to just use Casual if you'd just like an easy run. If you think you're up to it you can simply attempt Hardcore straight away, and use the save points below to change the difficulty to easy to get the missables, but I highly recommend you familiarize yourself with the game first. As with most RPG's, we all have our own playing styles and thus the best character selection is based of your own playing style. On this play through, you should try to complete every secondary quest, collect over 60 lore and max out your charisma with a character to obtain Perfectionist, Lore master and Maximum Charisma.
Below is a list of places to keep saves at, as you will be able to come back here later to obtain missable achievements that you may not have obtained. The saves before the main bosses can also be used to obtain Two Girls, One Boss or Maximum Bro Fist and I Could Do This Blindfolded.
- Before making a decision about the Gunderic Manor – One achievement for each decision.
- Before the fight with Rajani – Rajini’s Rival
- At level 19 – So you can trade the level 20 achievements.
- Before the fight with the Dapper Old Gent – Archambaud’s Anathema
- Before the boss fight in the Glitterdelve Mine - Can be used to trade Royalist Ally if you have done the prerequisites for it.
- At the Spire Entrance - Liberator
- Before the second Jeyne Kassynder fight – Moment of Solace
- Before the Final Boss (Not the auto-save) – Flawless Victory and View From the Top
- Keep the final boss auto-save - Can be used to trade for the achievements to beat the game as each character.
Step 2: Hardcore Difficulty
Unless you decided to do your first playthrough in this difficulty, it is now your next step. Hopefully after playing through the game, you will have learnt your characters abilities and how to use them to your advantage, as well as how to dodge and block specific attacks. The reason I say this is because unlike a lot of games out now, this difficulty is actually hard.The general mobs in this game aren’t that hard, as you can always run away when needed. The bosses however will be the problem, as you are constricted to their small area. Simply try it a few times to work out a method that works for you, and if it is proving too difficult, you’ll need to go back and level up a bit more to make it easier on yourself. The only boss that I would think is actually extremely hard in this game is the same boss fight many players find themselves stuck at, the first fight with Jeyne Kassynder. Make sure you have the best possible gear from the shop in the East Garden, and are at the maximum level for the time of 27. It took my friend and I around 4-5 hours to conquer this fight using many different methods, so don't give up! It is easy going from then on.
Step 3: Cleanup
There are a few achievements that require simple cleaning up tactics to achieve, such as the conversation ones and Merchant of Ehb. If you follow the achievement guide you should find it easy enough to obtain the last ones. For the other character specific achievements, you can trade them by joining a game either at level 19 or at the last boss respectively as the character you need the achievement as, then just fulfill it. If you need help with them, simply go to the achievement trading thread here at x360a and help out and get help from other fellow gamers! Or if you do not have Live, you can use a playthrough on a second account (Does not need to be Gold or even Silver) as the same character you played through on your main account, and use local gameplay to trade with yourself.
Treasure of the Sun DLC
The Treasure of the Sun DLC can be started at the Stonebridge Chapterhouse. After beginning the DLC, you will travel through the Causeway system to arrive in the Aranoi Desert. The same tactics that you used during the main game work here.
Seven achievements in the DLC are earned by completing the DLC quest line. You will receive two achievements by journeying to the Abbey. Opening the vault will give you the next three. And completing the final area will give you the final two.
The remaining three achievements are earned for doing various tasks in the desert. To earn The Worm Has Turned you need to defeat a giant worm in the area before the Abbey. The Path Not Taken is earned by entering the fountain in the abbey and paying the 20,000 gold to respec your character. Confirmed Shriner is earned by lighting flames at three shrines throughout the desert. The location of the three shrines are:
- Near the Giant Worm you killed for The Worm Has Turned
- Near the beginning of the Crimson Flats area. Go north a short distance
- Near the Temple of Azunai
If you have trouble finding any of the shrines or the giant worm, there is a side quest for both allowing you to follow a gold line to them.
[XBA would like to thank MyPetWorm for this roadmap]
[XBA would like to thank exit9500 for the DLC roadmap]