One with the Shadows Achievement
One with the Shadows30
Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory
In order to get this achievement you have to do enough side missions (and then a main mission for each of the 4 major cities) for the Thieves Guild, namely Delvin and Vex, so you can restore the Thieves Guild to its former glory. It’s basically a matter of doing a set of mundane jobs throughout the cities of Skyrim until the guild catches someone’s eye there, then doing the main mission in that city. There’s a lot of tooing and froing to be done here, so don’t say you haven’t been warned – remember as well, pick two missions up at a time (one from each Delvin and Vex) and then drop them off two at a time.
By my reckoning, you have to do around 40 smaller quests overall (well, that’s how many I did), as well as 4 bigger quests in the 4 major cities (not Riften) – these 4 missions will be given to you while you do the smaller quests at various intervals. It’s 350 gold a mission to start with, 400 later on and they are quick and relatively easy (except the Bedlam stuff), but yes, it’s boring as sin!
The types of mission are:
- The Numbers Job – forge a specific ledger
- The Fishing Job – pickpocket a specific item
- The Bedlam Job – steal 500 gold of goods from one city
- The Burglary Job – steal a specific something from someone’s house
- The Shill Job – plant a specific stolen object in someone’s house
- The Sweep Job – steal a series of specific valuable items from someone’s house
- The Heist Job – steal from a shop
Then you’ll have to do the following quests in each city:
- Imitation Amnesty – Whiterun
- Silver Lining - Markarth
- Windhelm – Summerset Shadows
- The Dainty Sload – Solitude
- Under New Management – Speak to Brynjolf to start this bad boy when you have done the other 4 main quests
Yeah, it’s a pain in the ass in truth and super boring – talk about cheaply artificially extending the length of the guild – but it has to be done… it helps towards the 100,000 gold achievement anyway, plus a few of the other more sinister achievements.