- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
- Offline: 8 [1000 ]
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000 : <5 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: All [See below]
- Glitched achievements: None!
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: N/A
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No
Following the method below, I managed to beat the game in two sittings that totaled around four hours. I won most early fights by the second round, and as I leveled up my stats, the bulk of my wins came in round one. My boxer only got knocked down twice and never lost a fight. It might be a cheap method, but I did have fun with it and got some good chuckles watching boxers double over from a well placed punch to the groin!
1) Start a new career and create the tallest heavyweight possible. This gives your fighter a good reach and a solid frame to work with. I added a few pounds to the default, but didn’t make him a tub of lard. I spread my stats around pretty evenly, maxing out power and agility to 30, and giving everything else at least a 20.
2) Before doing anything else, go to the Fight store and buy two illegal moves: Low Blow and Elbow to the face. You start with more than enough cash to buy these, and they shouldn’t be hard to find as there are only 3 or 4 illegal moves in total.
3) Go into the game options and set the game to the easiest setting. While you are in there, toggle Illegal Moves to off. You will still be able to use the ones you bought, but your opponents won’t be able to use them.
4) Start your career. Before each fight, there is a training mode. I alternated between the weight training and the combo dummy. The weight training is a piece of cake, so I would play that mini-game, but the combo dummy is a lot more of a challenge. I let the game auto train me for that one. The heavy bag is not that hard either, but between the weights and the dummy, all your stats are pretty well covered. I didn’t find it was worth spending money on the training coaches - and eventually you will unlock the BK King who gives you a Heart bonus for free.
5) Once done with the training, begin your matches. Using the default control scheme, get into a crouch (and down on the ) and wait for your opponent to get within range. Then begin mashing the to punch him in the groin. Keep this up and it won’t be long before he goes down. Knock him down a few times and the match will be over. If you want some variety, stand up straight and press the to elbow him in the face. This is also very effective, but leaves you open to more punches.
6) Repeat. That’s pretty much it. Fight enough matches, and all the achievements will be yours. Keep an eye on your stats and choose your training accordingly. When you have multiple fight contracts to choose from, I always opted for the ones that brought extra fame since fame is what you need to collect to make it to the sponsored matches that earn achievements. It won’t be long before you are raking in the dough. By the time you get 5 or 6 of the achievements, you will be loaded enough to splurge for some top of the line equipment.
NOTE: All achievements in this game are missable because if you happen to miss any fight, you will NOT have the ability to face that opponent again, and you will have to restart the game over. If you are about to lose a fight, quit out and reload your last save.
Congratulations! As long as you keep on playing, there is no way to miss any of the achievements.
[XBA would like to thank KRS for this Road Map]