Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 7/10
Offline: 12 (200)
Online: 0 (0)
Appropriate amount of time to 200: 5-8 Hours
Minimum Number Of Playthrough's Needed: 1
Number of Missable Achievements: None!
Glitched Achievements: None!
Do Cheatcodes disable Achievements? No Cheats
Geometry Wars is a game where you play as a crescent moon and try to shoot other types of shapes. The controls are simple, move with and shoot with . In Geometry Wars 2, there are 6 game modes to play. The achievements are reasonably difficult, but if you play the game, you should get the hang of it soon enough.
1. First off, before you do anything else, you're going to want to unlock all the game modes. To do this, basically you have to play through each game type until you reach a certain amount of points, upon which the next game will unlock. It doesn't matter if you die, and no points are subtracted if you die or lose. Head over to the achievement guide to see what all the different game types are. Once you unlock the game type "Sequence", you will unlock Unlocked All Modes (25).
2. The second thing you want to do is collect 500 geoms in a single game. The geoms are the little green orbs that float around when you kill something, and the higher your multiplier, the more geoms come out. Deadline is the easiest to get it in because you have unlimited lives and if you rack up a combo, it becomes a walk in the park. Get 500 in one game to unlock Magpie (15)
3. Once you play all the game modes at least twice, you should be able to get the hang of each one. The next thing you want to do is score 1,000,000 in each gametype. While this isn't exactly hard, some game types will take multiple tries each until you learn exactly what to do. The hardest is probably Sequence because of the fact that when you die it skips a stage, and you don't have a lot of lives. Earn 1,000,000 in all game types to get Millionaire (15).
4. Head on over to the gametype Waves. This gametype basically entitles you to kill as many waves of enemies you can. It starts off with yellow triangles coming from certain directions, then swaps other enemies in to make it hard. Once you get the hang of it and learn what to do, it's your task to earn 1,000 points without collecting a geom. The hard part is not actually earning the points, it's the fact that geoms will come and collect themselves if you are close to them. However, they disappear after roughly 5 seconds. Earn 1000 points without collecting any geoms to earn Phobia (15).
5. The next thing you want to do is head over to the game type Pacifism. This game requires that you don't shoot, and instead use "Gates" to kill the enemies. Gates are basically a blue line with orange triangles on the end. Going through them gives you points, as well as killing every enemy in a small vicinity. However, touching the orange triangles will kill you instantly. What you want to do is wait until there are lots of gates on screen, then go through 5 of them in 5 seconds. The only hard part is not actually touching the triangles. Other than that, it is relatively easy. Go through 5 gates in 5 seconds to earn Slalom (15).
6. Head back over to Waves. You should know how to play this by now. If you can dodge 8 Waves of enemies without firing then you will earn Surf (15). The best thing to do would to be to try and stay in the center of the screen.
7. Head over to the King game type. The aim is to kill a lot of enemies without dying. To do so, you have to go in these blue circles, or safe zones. You need to go into 30 safe zones without firing a shot OR killing an enemy. The first 18-22 should be easy, but then the snakes start coming. You have to be very maneuverable to dodge these. Once you hit 30 zones, you will unlock Treaty (15).
8. Head back over to Pacifism. What you're trying to do now is to head around the outside of the screen, the very walls. When you move along a wall, a line will pop on the section of the wall you moved along. You need to move along the entire level's walls while dodging enemies to unlock Wax On (15). Do this again in the same match to unlock Wax Off (15). NOTE: "Wax Off" is one of the hardest achievements in this game.
9. Head over to Deadline. The aim here is to wait until the gates arrive, then shoot at the gates. They will rebound off the gates, hopefully killing enemies. You need to kill 75 enemies this way to unlock Rebound (15).
10. This is it, your final challenge. Head over to Sequence. The aim here is to finish Sequence, in other words, beat every single level. If you manage that, you will unlock Game Over (15). Also, taken from the achievement guide: "Whilst playing this mode you could also go for the "Smile" achievement which requires you to survive the 2nd challenge without completing it or dying. To survive the 4th challenge without completing it or dying and to die on stages 11,15,17,18 and 19". Do this to unlock Smile (25). Congratulations! You've gotten 200 in Gemotry Wars 2!! NOTE: "Smile" is the hardest achievment to unlock, so be aware of that.
I hope this Road Map served you well. Geometry Wars 2 is a tough game to get 200 in, and it will truly show some skill to be able to do it. Congratulations on attempting this feat though, and good work on buying one the best arcade games of 2008!
[x360a would like to thank Lordvader178 for this Road Map]