- Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10 If playing solo, 2/10 If playing Co-Op.
- Offline: 20/20 [400/400]
- Online: 0/20 [0/400] (All of the achievements can be done online through Co-Op, but it isn't necessary).
- Approximate amount of time to 400: 25+ hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A
- Missable achievements: None
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes ("Sweetest Curse," "Odyssey").
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: Yes ("Nothing Safe," "Sweetest Curse," and "Heaven Beside You").
- Extra equipment needed?: None
God Mode is a throwback third person shooter brought to us by Old School Games and Atlus. It features hordes of enemies on screen at a time, levels, customization, and awesome visuals. Most of the achievements come quickly, even the hard difficulty isn't that bad and can be done solo! The real grind and time consumption comes from purchasing all the upgrades. With some time and effort, you can truly feel like a God with the 400 in your pocket.
Step 1 - Start Playing the Game:
This game has no story and no structure to speak of. It is purely a horde defense game and you can choose any of the five maps from the beginning. All you do is kill the enemies, advance to the next stage of the map and repeat until you have killed everything. If you are successful in defeating all of the waves, you get a thirty second dash around a small room collecting as much money as possible. Completing the map and getting to this money room will help you collect as much money as possible in good time, although it will still take a while. If you fail a wave, you will only have the money you collected from killing enemies.
The easiest map to complete is 'Hades Moon.' There is no end of level boss and it is one of the shortest and quickest maps to complete. You can earn 19 of the 20 achievements just by playing on this map repeatedly.
The game can be somewhat difficult on your own, especially at the beginning when you have no upgrades, but you will find it gets easier the more you spend on upgrades for your weapons. You may still find it difficult on the Gold difficulty, so if you would like to find people to play this with, please consult THIS thread.
Glitches and Freezing:
It has been reported that the three Oath-related achievements may glitch on your profile. It is unknown what triggers the glitch to occur. If this happens, you may need to reset your profile's in-game stats. It is HIGHLY recommended that you attempt to unlock "Nothing Safe" before indulging yourself in this game. If it unlocks, you are in good shape and feel free to keep playing. If not, refer to THIS post on how to reset your in-game stats and unlock the achievements.
Also, there seems to be a slight freezing issue with this game. It seems to occur randomly, but in my experience it only occurs after extended sessions of playing with no dashboarding out. We're talking hours of continuous play. The first time it froze on me, I hadn't stopped playing for a good six hours. Second time it froze, same situation. Solo or co-op doesn't effect it.
An excellent game well worth your time and effort, and an easy completion if you can play with friends. It takes a bit of grinding to earn enough money to buy all of the upgrades, but it is a fun grind nonetheless.
If you like third-person shooters or horde defense games then this is definitely a game for you.
- Shiftie for Embryo and Nothing Safe tips.
- Anubit3Blad3 for the second ability upgrade cost.
- K4rn4ge for posting up the method to reset your profile in case the Oath achievements bug out on you and for total gold required for all upgrades.
- WORLDEATER for tips regarding Test of Faiths for achievements.
- Mister Buds for general tips and notes.
- xhunterrrr for the best gold farming method.
[XBA would like to thank Nevander & Scotty for this RoadMap]