- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 [Achievement Difficulty Rating]
- Offline: 28 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 30 hours [Estimated Time to 100%]
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Missable achievements: 5: Without a Scratch (40G), Mob Boss (45G), Planned Ahead (40G), Got This Figured Out (45G), Is That All You've Got? (100G)
- Do cheats disable achievements: Yes
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: Wreckless Driving (25G)
Welcome to Grand Theft Auto III: The Definitive Edition, a remaster of the classic game from 2001. Whilst some elements of the game haven’t aged too well, and with resources of a company of Rockstar's size, they could arguably have made a much better “Definitive Edition.” The game has been updated in several regards, making it a good playthough whether you are returning to it or are a new player and want to see where GTA started in the 3D universe.
It's worth noting there are several missable achievements, including the 100% one, so be sure to read the guide early on as you may end up having to replay the whole game again if you miss something.
Also to note is that cheats disable achievements so can’t be used.
There are three Islands in the game that become available as you progress through the main story. Once you get to a new island including the one you start on you’ll want to do all the miscellaneous tasks first. This includes:
- Collecting all the hidden packages
- Doing all the unique stunts
- Firefighter and Vigilante missions
- RC car and Off-Road missions
Assuming you’ve gone for the 100% you should have the rest of the achievements. If you are missing some check the guide for details. Worth noting that all the missable story achievements can be earned early on so shouldn’t take too long to get to if you’ve missed one.
A great game and one all fans of GTA should play even if it's not the best remaster. None of the achievements should prove too difficult especially if everything is done in the right order. I certainly recommend playing this before Vice City and San Andreas so you can see the progress made between the three of them.
Thanks to Gtamen and GTA Series Videos for some of the video guides.