- How much is the Pink Diamond worth in GTA Online?
- Where is the Military Base in GTA 5?
- How To Sell Cars in GTA 5 - Online & Story Mode
- Where is the Impound in GTA 5? Location + Car Retrieval
- The Most Customizable Cars in GTA 5 & How to Customize Them
- What's the Fastest Car in GTA 5?
- How to Modify & Upgrade the Oppressor MK2 in GTA Online
- Is GTA Online Cross-Platform? [You Might be Disappointed]
- How to Buy a House in GTA 5 Online
Masterminds Achievement in Grand Theft Auto V
GTA Online: Complete all 3 Criminal Mastermind challenges in The Doomsday Heist.
How to unlock Masterminds
In order to obtain this achievement, you will need to complete three different challenges for The Doomsday Heist. You can check your progress at any time by pressing and going to STATS > Awards > The Doomsday Heist. The challenges in question are:
Criminal Mastermind II: Complete The Doomsday Heist in order, with the same team of 2 players, on hard, difficulty, without losing any lives on Setups and Finales.
Criminal Mastermind III: Complete The Doomsday Heist in order, with the same team of 3 players, on hard, difficulty, without losing any lives on Setups and Finales.
Criminal Mastermind IV: Complete The Doomsday Heist in order, with the same team of 4 players, on hard, difficulty, without losing any lives on Setups and Finales.
Continue reading below for additional guidelines, strategies, and tips involved with this achievement.
Key Tips, Guidelines, and Notes
- Prep missions can only be done in public lobbies, while Setups and Finales can be done in Private lobbies
- You can die during Prep missions
- You cannot purchase Prep equipment/vehicles or utilize the "Trip Skip" option during missions as it will void challenge progress
- You can fail a Setup or Finale (and restart by using the "Quick Restart" option) but it cannot be due to a death
- You can call Lester and remove your Wanted Level during Prep missions
- Using an Armored Kuruma during Prep and Setups missions is highly recommended
- Buy full ammo and full Super Heavy Body Armor before every Setup and Finale
- Stock on free snacks inside the Facility before every Setup and Finale
- When eating snacks for health regeneration, do so in cover as it cancels the animation of eating the food
- Make sure to eat snacks and apply body armor mid-mission through the Interaction Menu
All in all, these three challenges willprove to be difficult, but with enough practice and with a good group of teammates, each challenge should be manageable within a handful of hours (the only overly difficult one is Criminal Mastermind II, as some mission objectives are seemingly impossible with just two players).
As a final note, make sure you are checking your Challenge progress after each and every Prep, Setup, and Finale. There have been some reports that the Challenges often reset themselves (for reasons unknown), so checking your status periodically is a good way to make sure you are staying on track.
Once all three of the new Criminal Mastermind Challenges have been completed, this achievement will finally unlock.
A step-by-step guide/walkthrough of this entire DLC, courtesy of user Neg96, can be found HERE. It is extremely detailed, and should provide all of the information needed to finish this heist.
First unlocked by
- Jan 06, 2018 12:30 AM
- Jan 11, 2018 02:05 AM
- Jan 12, 2018 03:59 AM
- Jan 19, 2018 03:39 AM
- Jan 24, 2018 10:43 PM
Recently unlocked by
- Mar 10, 2023 05:03 AM
- Mar 05, 2023 12:48 AM
- Feb 23, 2023 07:34 PM
- Aug 12, 2022 07:21 PM
- Aug 12, 2022 04:50 PM
Wednesday, August 22, 2018 @ 02:35 PM
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 @ 03:41 PM
Monday, September 17, 2018 @ 07:18 AM
Friday, March 08, 2019 @ 03:34 AM
Saturday, March 23, 2019 @ 12:50 AM
Saturday, July 20, 2019 @ 02:53 PM
Thursday, October 10, 2019 @ 10:37 PM
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 @ 07:06 PM
Saturday, January 04, 2020 @ 04:21 PM
Friday, March 13, 2020 @ 07:25 PM
Sunday, March 29, 2020 @ 07:08 PM
Sunday, March 29, 2020 @ 07:12 PM
Monday, March 30, 2020 @ 06:17 PM
Sunday, April 05, 2020 @ 10:41 AM
Monday, April 13, 2020 @ 08:10 PM
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 @ 03:34 AM
Friday, May 22, 2020 @ 05:41 AM
Sunday, May 24, 2020 @ 09:52 AM
Friday, June 19, 2020 @ 05:26 PM
Monday, June 22, 2020 @ 12:43 AM
Saturday, June 27, 2020 @ 09:32 PM
Sunday, June 28, 2020 @ 06:18 PM
Saturday, August 01, 2020 @ 09:02 PM
Wednesday, October 28, 2020 @ 05:19 AM
Wednesday, October 28, 2020 @ 05:21 AM
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 @ 09:33 PM
Sunday, July 18, 2021 @ 10:04 AM
Wednesday, July 06, 2022 @ 05:32 PM