Earn all Gold stars
You can check out a video playlist for gold stars by bblnx, here.
- Mission 1-5 All of these missions basically test your ability to quickly move through the level, while maintaining a kill streak and getting multikills whenever possible. These are by far the easiest missions in the game (with one or two exceptions).
- Mission 1 - Start off by purchasing the sniper rifle in place of your magnum. For the duration of the level you'll want to use your assault rifle on the suicide Grunts and the sniper rifle on the Elites and Major Grunts to keep your killionaire spree going. There is an assault rifle ammo cache right next to where you start out to keep you stocked up, and for the entirety of the mission you'll want to stay a bit beyond that, in the middle of the map, covering all three "lanes" the enemies come down, picking them off one by one.
- Mission 2 - Very straightforward, simply stay on top of the enemy spawn points in both areas where you must protect the Wolverines. Since both points have two spawn points, you can keep tossing the flame grenades at one point to kill anything that spawns (the flames persist for a little bit) while you focus on the other one. You should be able to double the score that you need for gold (200k) with relative ease.
- Mission 3 - This one is a bit tight, but I recommend purchasing the AutoSentry to help add some firepower, as finishing this quick adds quite a bit to your score. I also recommend grabbing the needler (replace your AR) off of the first group of Jackals to the NE of where you spawn and keep it as your primary weapon. From the start, continue NE and clear that area out prior to the SW area as this seems to be the best score wise for whatever reason.
- Mission 4 - At the very start of the mission, rush to the midpoint of the bridge and get in the Wraith, then backtrack and start clearing the bridge of all enemies using the Wraith. There's a pretty high chance the mortar will hit the Wraith before you get in it, so make sure you avoid the explosive barrels, and other things that might kill you while you quickly clear the bridge, kill the tank and the end of the bridge, and head down the left path at the fork. Once you reach the wall at the end of the path, continue shooting your mortar from here to clear out all the enemies on the far side of the wall. At this point you should have well over the required score, so just finish the level and you're done.
- Mission 5 - Practice. Once you get the location of each Wraith within your mind, as well as where there are Ghosts in relation to those Wraiths, getting 90k for this gold will become exceptionally easier. The practice will also hone your ability to move the tank, which I found quite difficult on a keyboard (especially compared to the Wraith). In general, start the level off by heading straight North, then around to the East and South to create a sort of horseshoe shape back toward where you started.
- Mission 1 - Move fast. You can start off by using all of your starting grenades to clear out every group of enemies that you see, and carry that killing spree for as long as possible after that. Enemies group up a lot on this narrow path, so use grenades effectively for the rest of the level to maximize your score.
- Mission 2 -Starting out you'll probably want to grab the sprint ability near to your left, the focus rifle a bit above you and the assault rifle one screen to the right of the starting point. The assault rifle will be used to deal with the regular Covenant, while the focus rifle will take out the Drones that spawn. Once the Ghosts spawn, immediately head to the top of the map and hijack the ghost, which you will use in a C-shaped route around the starting area to clear out the enemies that spawn once you save the engineers.
- Mission 3 - Use your grenades to blow up the first couple of Wraiths, and when you see the regular (non-anti aircraft) Wraith, use your camouflage to help you get along side it and hijack it. Use this to clear a path to the top of the map where the enemies are spawning and then just keep dropping mortars on the enemy spawn point to rack up a high score.
- Mission 4 - If you're like me, the cloaking Elites probably tick you off, which means you'll want to buy the sniper rifle to take them out quicker. They make up a good chunk of the level, and you'll have a pretty good boost in points with the sniper rifle, just make sure from around the second sniper location and on that you check beyond the last sniper in your group every now and then as enemies will spawn behind you a couple of times and the snipers die quick.
- Mission 5 - Another defense mission. There will be two waves of drones that come from the right and some enemies coming from the left. Once you've cleared out the first two drone waves on foot, hop into the left turret to start racking up the points on the enemies that spawn on the left, top left and top of the screen. In the last minute or so of the mission a bunch of Brutes, Elites and Suicide Grunts will spawn, which is your queue to hop out of the turret and take them out on foot so you don't die if they blow up the turret.
- Mission 1 - They key for this relatively short mission is to spend the entirety of it killing enemies, as you will have plenty of time to spare after completing the objectives. I recommend spending 1k credits on a sniper rifle to easily cut down the many Brutes and Elites that spawn to help rack up the points quicker.
- Mission 2 - Clear out the first area with Marines on foot, then head to the second and hop on the machine gun turret to clear that one out. Between location two and three there will be some ghosts on the left - grab one. Clear up to the third location with Marines and continue past it to the left to keep your spree going. Just make sure you're not on the Ghost if it blows up and you should be ok.
- Mission 3 - You'll start this mission out in a Grizzly, which you'll want to roll in until you reach a wall that you can't pass. Near the wall will be a couple of ghosts, one of which you'll want to hijack to bypass the wall and continue running over baddies until you've destroyed all the fuel rod turrets (make sure you keep moving while on the ghost to avoid fire from all the turrets).
- Mission 4 - The most important thing to keep in mind in this level is that you need to get multikills, which means focus on the groups of Suicide Grunts and try to use a Suicide Grunt to blow up nearby Elites. The biggest jump in points will come in the last few seconds, so once you reach the damaged part of the bridge, head to the front of the Elephant to start clearing out the groups of enemies that spawn on the front left and right of the Elephant.
- Mission 5 - Use the turrets to really rack up the score, but be sure to fire in bursts! Also, time your shots on the suicide Grunts to take out multiple enemies when they explode.
- Mission 1 - Purchase a Sniper Rifle (replace the Magnum) and save it for the waves of Elites and Brutes at the end of the mission.
- Mission 2 - Replace the focus rifle starting weapon with the sniper rifle and make sure you save it for the Elites and Brutes that spawn at the end of the level. Use your smgs to take out the Grunts - a second pair can be found on the right side of the wreckage you start near - and if you need them there are a few alternative abilities at the weapon caches near the outer wall of the area you need to protect, most importantly a regen shield. There is also a shotgun a few feet from where you start the level that you can use to gun down enemies later on as well. Your priority is to hold the outer line of walls to keep the Engineer safe, while the enemies come from either side of the small chasm in front of you. As always, work to keep the Killionaire going, meaning aim for suicide grunts that are in groups and definitely use the incendiary grenade to take out big groups quickly.
- Mission 3 - When the mission starts, rush up the right side to the tank. Use this for the remainder of the mission (the guys in the rocks to the bottom left will eventually come to you) to get a more than sufficient score.
- Mission 4 - Cruise through the first 20 seconds or so until you see the empty ghost on your left and hop in that. You can either stick to this for the duration, or stay in it until you see the first Wraith and hijack that (recommended). The real cash cow in points in this level is the area with the officer Elite guy on the left behind some walls with a turret where the drones spawn. In the Wraith, basically spam mortars on the edge of the cliff where the drones spawn to seriously rack up some points.
- Mission 5- For this boss mission, I recommend going through it quick for a big bonus in the speed score. You'll also want to combo the enemies as they come through the door before the boss appears to boost your kill score. Once the boss spawns, stand in the middle near where the infinite plasma grenades spawn, and grenade the boss until he recovers his shield. He'll split into four and you'll need to grenade each location to find him and he'll stop recovering his health. The first time he does this he'll have two swords when he starts to fight you again, so watch out. The second time he'll have the two swords and a hardlight shield. Keep using grenades and you'll kill him in no time.