Reef Shark Achievement
Complete Super Mission 1 using Reef shark.
The Reef Shark is available from the start of the game. When you begin, you will need to explore the surrounding ocean with the Reef Shark to look for eight orange seashells (there are more than eight to find, so there is some leeway) to unlock each of the eight missions for the Reef Shark. The eight missions and some helpful tips are below. Each of the requirements must be met in a single run with the Reef Shark (revives are OK).
- Tropical Terror - Eat 50 Tropical Fish: Tropical fish are generally brightly colored. They are found everywhere.
- Swimming Lesson - Swim 500m: Just swim 500m. Use boost to go faster.
- Man Eater - Eat 3 people: People are mostly found on the surface and near beaches, but deep sea divers will also count. Just be wary of their knives.
- Pelican Pinch - Eat 5 Pelicans: Pelicans are the white birds at the water's surface. Eat 5 total. Scoop up the ones floating, or boost upwards out of the water to jump for the flying ones, if necessary.
- Mini Jump - Jumps 3m out of the Water: Go down under water a big and aim upwards. Use boost towards the surface to breach and jump out of the water.
- Turtle Neck - Eat 4 Turtles: Turtles will be hard to find during this mission. They are generally just a tad below the surface. Near the first sea bottoms.
- Survival Chief - Survive for 4 Minutes: Stay alive for 4 minutes. Go slow and eat as much as possible. Staying near the surface is a good idea too. There is less things to kill you there and ample humans and fish for food.
- Innocent Bystander - Eat 3 Beach Bystanders: Eat 3 people that are standing on the beach. Check all the beaches. You are looking for the people that are out of the water. Boost up towards the beach and exit the water to grab the bystanders.
Once you complete all 8 missions, the ninth mission, Super Mission 1, will become available. It requires that you earn 25,000 points in a single run. See the "General Tips" section at the end of the Roadmap for tips to scoring big. As soon as you complete the challenge, the achievement will unlock.
After you earn the achievement, you need to continue playing with the Reef Shark until it reaches Level 10 with 100% of its bar filled (effectively Level 11). This is important because this will allow you to purchase the next shark for gold coins, rather than gems. Continue playing to earn enough coins to purchase the Mako Shark for 1,500 coins. You should have plenty of coins.