- Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10 or 2/10 once you've unlocked the Infinite Ammo weapons from the Shop [Achievement Difficulty Rating]
- Offline: 32 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: Likely anywhere from 11-15 hours, depending on which achievements you'd want to combine as well as save points for grinding kills for Shop items. [Estimated Time to 100%]
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 full playthroughs but 4 is recommended with save point weapon kill grinds.
- Missable achievements: Yes, several. See individual achievements for more details
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed: None needed, however buying items from the Shop, which requires you to beat the game once to unlock it, will make the tougher difficulties levels much easier.
Leaving so soon, Jill? I think not, at least that's what Nemesis' thoughts are. We return to Raccoon City, and, I must say, it is gorgeous-looking with awesome game mechanics to boot.
Unlike Resident Evil 2 Remake, this one does not have a Side A/Side B campaign run so getting to Point A to Point B will be rather quick, and once unlocking several key items from the Shop, the harder difficulties will seem WAY too easy after repeat runs.
Step 1: Beating the on Assisted/Standard/Hardcore
Depending on whether you are a Resident Evil vet, Hardcore may be your cup of joe but a full campaign run on either difficult setting is a must to unlock the harder difficulties. I recommend starting on Standard just to get the feel and locations of the game. Then work your way up the food chain as difficulties do stack i.e. if you start on Standard then finish the game on Nightmare, you'll also receive the Hardcore achievement run. Also, during this run, hunt down all of collectibles (Mr. Charlie Dolls, locks, safes and files.)
You can try a campaign run with multiple achievements together, such as "Sensational Work!", "Minimalist", "I Might Need These Later!" and "Sprinter" which involve completing the game with an S rank, complete the game without opening the item box, complete the game using 1 or fewer recovery items, and completing the game in under 2 hours. Although, tackling some of these off gate will require superb knowledge of the game, what will be needed and where to go just by skipping entire sections and avoiding enemies. Please see 'Step 2' for more on making higher difficulty runs much easier.
That being said, you'll unlock these achievements no matter which ones you've decided to stack as they're story related. They are:
- Basic Chemistry - Craft an item.
- Gunsmith - Improve a weapon.
- Get Organized - Expand your inventory.
- First Escape - Escape from Jill's apartment building.
- Somebody to Lean On - Escape from uptown Raccoon City.
- Escape from the City - Make it out of Downtown Raccoon City.
- I Don't Feel So Good - Leave the clock tower plaza.
- Nemesis Down - Cause Nemesis to relinquish an item.
- Nemesis Down? - Defeat Nemesis on the rooftop.
- The Carlos Express - Leave R.P.D.
- An Unfortunate End - Defeat zombie Brad.
- I Need a Hero - Withstand the zombie siege.
- The Pursuer - Follow Nicholai deeper underground.
- Nemesis Down!? - Defeat Stage 2 Nemesis.
- Nemesis Down!!! - Defeat Stage 3 Nemesis.
Step 2: Save Points for Weapon Kills to Buy Shop Items
As you familiarize yourself with the game's levels, sections and where enemies spawn, making save points is a must when it comes to grinding weapon kills for the Shop items that will make things a lot easier in the later, albeit more difficult campaign runs. Once you've reached these safe rooms, make a save and note which points require which weapon kills.
- Raccoon City Outskirts / Dilapidated Shelter (Find a way above ground)
Work on Grenade Launcher, Shotgun and handgun kills. After 6 kills in this area, reload save. Rinse and repeat until you've reached 120 kills with the Grenade Launcher.
- Hospital / Makeshift Sickroom (Defend Jill)
Work on Assault Rifle, handgun and overall kills. If you're working on this section DO NOT plant the detonator as this will keep the zombies spawning continuously until you run out of ammo. Rinse and repeat.
- NEST 2 / Storage (Get the vaccine)
(Work on Lighting Hawk kills. After 5 kills in the room that needed the USB Drive to open, reload save. Rinse and repeat until you've reached 80 kills.)
Once you have enough points, go to Main Menu / Bonuses / Shop. The first thing to buy will be the Infinite Rocket Launcher (for 62,400P) as this will make campaign runs a breeze but won't come in handy during your "Minimalist" run (more on that later). You will also get additional points from completing tasks that are tied to achievements so no need to worry on those. When enough points are earned, start working on these: x2 Recovery Coin (8000P), x2 Iron Defense Coin (8000P), x2 Assault Coin (8000P), S.T.A.R.S. Field Combat Manual (6400P), x2 Hip Pouch (9600P). To get all of the necessary items listed you'll need a total of 114,400P
Step 3: S Rank/Higher difficulty Runs
To tackle the Nightmare and Inferno runs, make sure that you have have all of the items listed in Step 2. Obviously you can't get "Minimalist" during these runs since you have to open the item box to retrieve the Shop items. For the Nightmare run, I did not have to save once since the checkpoints are pretty decent, so just speedrun through it since, at this point, you'll know what to get and what you can skip.
For the Inferno difficulty run, believe it or not, the real danger prior to certain sections in the game, is the first zombie that lunges at you when you meet up with Brad, the second zombie by the fenced gate (near the school bus) after acquiring your handgun, and the two by the elevator as you must time your dodges perfectly to get by them or lure them away. If they happen to grab you, it's instant death, and it'll reload you to the only "free" checkpoint, when you're climbing out to through the window onto the fire escape. After that you must keep your saves to a minimum as this will affect your S Rank on that particular run. 5 saves max will keep your S Rank safe. Make a save at these points: after activating the power at the Substation, head back to the Garage 88 saferoom where you first got the bolt cutters, just in case you mess up trying to avoid the Toy Uncle big rolling head, and the saferoom after defeating Nemesis Stage 2. With the coin perks equipped in your inventory, you should be able to knock these runs out with 1 hour, 35-50 minutes, but well under the 2 hour mark for the "Sprinter" achievement.
You can actually stack "I Might Need These Later!" since the only time you'll use a health herb will be when Jill gets infected at the Subway Power Substation. This is where the Recovery coins come into play. Remember to practice your dodge skill (+) so that when Nemesis or any enemy at that gets to close, you'll enter slowmo, hold then fire since the Infinite Rocket Launcher cannot hurt you, causing a nice radius of splash damage.
Step 4: Minimalist Run
For this run, I recommend Standard since playing on Assisted will automatically give you an Assault Rifle you can't put away/get rid of. Only pick up items that you'll know you need and items with the little trash icon, discard immediately. Hunt down all of the hip pouches to expand your on-person inventory. Or, if at this point, you've already bought the pouches in the Shop. You don't have to kill every zombie in the area, just the ones that'll be in your way on your trips back and forth.
Remember, under any circumstances, DO NOT open or get near an item box. Opening one up will void the "Minimalist" achievement.
Although the outcry from Resident Evil fans has been that this game was a bit short and lacking in content, I absolutely enjoyed it. I've even gone as far as getting all of the Records challenges done just to continue playing. Playing the game through twice really gave me the confidence to run through areas since I know what to expect. So "Wellcome" Jill and Carlos into the fray!
[XBA would like to thank Redemption Mode for this Roadmap]