- Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
- Offline: 12
- Online: 0. No Xbox Live matchmaking.
- Approximate amount of time to 250: 8 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
- Number of missable achievements: 0
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: N/A
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes, for some achievements. A few will require you to play on Expert.
- Glitchy achievements: None
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed?: Yes, you will need the following: 2 guitar controllers, drum set, microphone, and talented people to play them all. A 2nd drum set is recommended.
Adjust the estimated difficulty accordingly based on your personal skill level, as Music games can have a wide variety of skill levels from player to player or band to band.
Rock Band Track Pack: Metal features 20 songs with both released and previously unreleased Rock Band DLC in disc form (though all was offered later on). You DO NOT need another Rock Band game to play, it is a stand-alone game. Better yet, it offers a separate 12 achievements and 250 gamerscore. If you will need to be resourceful and have some friends in order to get all of them.
Step #1- Solo Tour
It is suggested to play on Easy as a Vocalist, as you will have to eventually anyways to 5-star "Red Devil". Ideally, you would want to get these tasks done during this Vocal Tour:
- 5-Star "Red Devil". This MUST be done in the Vocal Solo Tour
- 100% the song "Forever".
- Try to 5-Star "Blinded by Fear". You can try later on a different instrument should you fail this task
- Play through most of tour and play the songs "D.O.A", "Laid to Rest", and "Hair of the Dog".
Step #2- Band Tour
Now this could be tricky. You could do a bunch of band oriented achievements if you have all 4 people and they are good. This is a variable that will be different from player to player. Here's a rundown of what you need to do as a band:
- Complete the Band Tour on Medium Difficulty or higher. (2+ People)
- Complete "Killed by Death" on Expert without a band member failing. (2+ People)
- Get 4 stars or better playing "3s and 7s" with a Full Band. (Easy or higher)
- Complete "Transmaniacon MC" as a Full Band, with all band members on Hard or Expert.
Step #3- Score Duels and Quickplay
There is one song you are required to do in a Score Duel, and another in which it would help immensely:
- "Screaming for Vengeance" on any difficulty. Requires two of the same instrument. (Required for achievement)
- "Thrasher" on Expert Drums. Requires two drum sets. Score Duels are "no-fail" so you essentially pass the song just by sitting through the song. If you don't have two sets, you'll have to complete it regularly in Quickplay.
Two other tasks not covered in the roadmap that you will likely complete now in Quickplay:
- 100% "Closer" on Bass. Any difficulty, only up-strums.
- 5-Star "Master of the Universe" on Expert. Any instrument.
Now just do anything you had to skip in Steps 1+2.
Getting the majority of the achievements is plausible, but getting all 250 will be a challenge with the need of local friends. Overall though it should be a fun experience using some tricks and exploits along the way.
[x360a would like to thank litepink for this road map]