- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10 [with a guide], 2+/10 [without a guide] [Achievement Difficulty Rating]
- Offline: 30 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 45-60 minutes [with a guide], 2+ hours [without a guide] [Estimated Time to 100%]
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 [Partial]
- Missable achievements: No
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No
“POWGI’s unique word search puzzle returns - and now it’s even bigger! There’s no grid, no word list and no wrong letters, just 60 intertwined words for you to paint while you create blended colour art.” - xbox.com
Sixty Words by POWGI is the latest puzzle game from Lightwood Games. This is a fun word search game with each puzzle having its own theme. It is played just like traditional word search games, but a word list is not provided for you, so finding correct words will be trial and error. Also, unlike the traditional game, all the letters are used; none are leftover.
There are a total of 60 puzzles with 60 words in each (hence the title of the game). To earn the full 1000, you need complete only five puzzles fully, but also need to complete a variety of requirements for other achievements, such as completing a puzzle using only one color, completing a puzzle by highlighting all words backwards, not looking at the word list, and resetting a completed puzzle. These can be completed in five simple steps shown below if you choose to follow the guide, and for your convenience, the guide contains all the solutions and images you need to make this game a quick completion.
Note that the following steps can be done in any order. If you deviate, achievement will unlock differently than how they are listed below.
Step 1 - Edit the palette:
This is a simple one; start a puzzle, press then select ‘Custom Palette’. From there, adjust the sliders on all 10 colors which will unlock Chromomania (25G).
Step 2 - Completing ‘Well Red’:
This is where you are going to unlock the bulk of the random achievements. These are all going to be earned by completing one puzzle, ‘Well Red’.
- Select the puzzle then press then select ‘Custom Palette’. Make sure that only one color is selected (so only one color has a number). Go back to the puzzle then hold for 5 seconds to unlock The Whole Picture (10G).
- Next, using just one color, find just the diagonal words in the puzzle for Sniffing Around (100G). This puzzle has 27 of them.
- Continue finding words (with one color) until you have just one word left, then press to unlock There's a Word List! (30G).
- Press and return to the menu/puzzle select screen.
- Reselect the puzzle then complete the last word, making sure you highlight it backwards and is the same color as all the other words. This will unlock:
- Roll Over (10G) - Highlight a word backwards
- sdorw ytxiS (100G) - Complete a puzzle while only highlighting words backwards
- Chromophobia (10G) - Complete a puzzle using only one color
- There's a Word List? (25G) - Complete a puzzle without looking at the word list
- Get Reddy For This (50G) - Complete “Well Red”
- Pup and Running (10G) - Complete your first puzzle
- Return to the menu/puzzle select screen then reselect the puzzle to unlock My Masterpiece (10G).
- Press then ‘Reset’ to unlock I Have a Better Idea (10G).
Then there are four more puzzles you need to complete for achievements. These can be done frontwards or backwards, but make sure you use 10 different colors for at least one of them for Chromophilia (10G).
- Fifty Shades of Green (50G) - Complete “A Little Green”
- Drive In Me Crazy (50G) - Complete “The Big Picture”
- Like Pulling Teeth (50G) - Complete “Say Aah!”
- What The Fudge? (50G) - Complete “Just Be Cuss”
There is one achievement that requires you to complete a puzzle in an allotted time. Since all the puzzles have 60 words, there really is no one puzzle that’s easier than the other. For this, I used ‘Just Be Cuss’ because it had a good amount of horizontal and vertical words that were easy to locate. You can select any puzzle you like, but be prepared to complete it a few times as you learn where the words are. When you are finally successful, you will unlock Chasing Your Tail (100G).
Step 5 - Find a specific word three times:
The remaining 12 achievements are for finding a specific word in three different puzzles. You may have already found a few by fully completing the five puzzles, but if you reset a completed puzzle that contained a required word, you need to find that word again. The menu positions (page, column, puzzle number) for each of these puzzles are provided in each achievement. Once you have found the three words, the corresponding achievement will unlock.
Note that there may be more than one of these words in one puzzle. The screenshots below only show the word for that specific achievement.
- All Greek To Me (25G) - Find ATHENS 3 times
- Duck Hunt (25G) - Find DUCK 3 times
- Family Ties (25G) - Find FAMILY 3 times
- Got Game (25G) - Find GAME 3 times
- King Awesome (25G) - Find KING 3 times
- Lawn Order (25G) - Find LAWN 3 times
- I Just Need Another Mint (25G) - Find MINT 3 times
- Pitch Perfect (25G) - Find PITCH 3 times
- Another One Bites The Dust (25G) - Find QUEEN 3 times
- Radio, Someone Still Loves You (25G) - Find RADIO 3 times
- Saddle Up (25G) - Find SADDLE 3 times
- Water Works (25G) - Find WATER 3 times
Sixty Words by POWGI follows the tradition of other POWGI games as being a relatively simple completion. You need some thought and puzzle-solving skills if you choose not use this guide, but all-in-all it isn’t really that difficult. Of course, if you do choose to use this guide, it will be an effortless 1000. Congratulations!