- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10 [Achievement Difficulty Rating]
- Offline: 21 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 30-45 minutes [Estimated Time to 100%]
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Missable achievements: No
- Does difficulty affect achievements: No
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No
“Welcome to the International Space Station! It’s your job to make sure the resupply H-II Transfer Vehicle (HTV) is successfully berthed to the International Space Station. But before you can do that, you must prepare the ISS for the HTV’s arrival. Moving in zero-g will be different than what you are used to on Earth. Spend some time flying, flipping, and spinning around the station without gravity to assist you. But be careful, you might get sick! While completing tasks and floating around the International Space Station you will learn about and experience the effects of microgravity on the human body. The app contains information on the effects of microgravity on the human body for use in the classroom and at home.” - xbox.com
Full credit for the 100% video walkthrough goes to Maka91Productions.
The game is played through a first-person perspective. Since you will be moving around in zero gravity, it is recommended that you change your controls so you don’t move around so fast because it can be disorienting. To do this, press , then go to ‘Settings’ and scroll down to ‘Control Presets’. The default is ‘Medium’ but I personally changed it to ‘Slow’ because I found ‘Medium’ difficult to control. Also, if you are a person who likes to invert their Y-axis, scroll down a little further and select ‘Invert Pitch’.
12 of the 21 achievements are unlocked through natural story progression. After you complete the tutorial, you are given tasks to complete, whether it’s for orienting yourself to the station, taking pictures, berthing a module, or finding a sickness bag. To reveal the next task, complete the task you currently have assigned. If the task is to learn about something, you are instructed to watch a video that directly pertains to the actions you just performed in the game. Without watching each video, the story won’t progress.
The remaining 9 achievements are for exploring the station or doing random duties, such as reading books, visiting every module, or using your tablet to visit weblinks. These can be done as you are completing your given tasks or after your tasks are complete.
These are the achievements unlocked through progression (in order of unlock):
- Welcome Aboard (50G) - Complete the initial training
- Home Sweet Home (25G) - Get oriented with the layout of the ISS
- Vomit Comet (25G) - Watch the Vestibular video
- Space Face (25G) - Watch the Cardiovascular video
- Shutterbug (25G) - Prepare for the HTV arrival
- Earth Gazer (25G) - Open the Cupola
- To See Or Not To See (25G) - Watch the Vision video
- No Pain, No Gain (25G) - Watch the Muscle video
- In Space, No One Can Hear You Sneeze (25G) - Watch the Immune video
- Cargo Catcher (25G) - Berth the HTV
- An Apple A Day (50G) - Find an Apple
- Mission Complete (100G) - Complete all tasks
- Book Worm (50G) - Read the six blue books
- Frequent Flyer (25G) - Return to the game a second time
- Handyman (50G) - Collect a Wrench, Drill, Screwdriver, and Duct Tape
- Pit Stop (100G) - Find a toilet
- Play Time (50G) - Collect a Teddy Bear, Soccer Ball, Yo-Yo, and a Dinosaur
- Principal Investigator (25G) - Visit 10 weblinks
- Station Explorer (50G) - Visit every module in The Station
- Straight Shooter (25G) - Fly through the US Lab without touching the walls
- Cut The Feed (200G) - See something strange in the WORF
Space Science Investigations is an insightful and informative game that touches on what it would be like to be an astronaut in space. It also happens to be a quick and simple 1000. Enjoy!