4th Echelon Officer Achievement
4th Echelon Officer100
Completed every single player mission on Perfectionist difficulty
First off, Perfectionist difficulty changes this game tremendously due to the following restrictions:
- Mark & Execute is disabled
- Sonar goggles cannot see through walls
- Smarter and stronger enemy AI
- No weapon caches to resupply
With that said, you will want to avoid open conflict entirely. You will die almost instantaneously if you try to utilize the Assault playstyle here, so focusing on Ghost or Panther is a much better idea. Use their methods interchangeably as there will be parts in the campaign where lethal means can be your only option of progressing if you are stuck. You can however, refer below to No Kill Option Engaged if you plan to stack that achievement on this playthrough. If you plan to utilize both playstyles, follow these tips instead:
- Sam's "whistle/distraction" is extremely overpowered - you can hide behind corners and keep luring all the enemies in until the area is clear.
- Using a fully upgraded, silenced SMG, Assault Rifle, or Sniper Rifle can clear out an entire area within seconds while remaining undetected. The SC4000 and Honey Badger are two of the best silenced rifles in the game!
- Avoid killing armored infantrymen when possible - sneak around them when possible as there's only one section in the game where you are required to take them out.
- Sleeping Gas and Proximity Shockers are the BEST gadgets you can use to knock out enemies from afar - but since there aren't any weapon caches, you will need to use these sparingly.
- Look for alternate routes when approaching each section of a mission - you are almost always able to bypass heavily populated areas without having to touch anyone.
- When your goggles are jammed, deploy the Tri-Rotor and hunt down the technician blocking your signal.
- Change up your OPS Suit in order to make it as stealthy as possible. Completing all three of Grim's COOP missions gives you the best stealth suit!
Using these tips, alongside those presented for the No Kill Option Engaged achievement, should allow you to clear the campaign missions without too much trouble. Just remember to stick to the shadows and take it slow. Rushing through the missions will only result in multiple deaths and endless frustration.
Since the game allows you replay missions through the Paladin's SMI at any time, you don't actually need to complete a straight playthrough on Perfectionist. You may load up individual missions and work on them in whichever order you'd like. You can change the difficulty of each mission by pressing before launching it.
If you are having trouble with any of the missions in the game, be sure to check out THIS THREAD for a great video/commentary guide by Maka.