No Kill Option Engaged Achievement
No Kill Option Engaged50
Completed the single player campaign without killing anyone as Sam Fisher
I personally recommend stacking this achievement with your Perfectionist playthrough, since you won't really want to do any killing on Perfectionist anyways. Alternatively, you can reload campaign missions on a lower difficulty whenever you want and work on them one by one. This essentially means that this achievement does not have to be done in a single playthrough. Keep in mind that the Prologue does not count towards this achievement.
Avoid using any lethal gadgets and takedowns throughout each mission. After the short interrogation scenes where Sam has the option to "Spare" or "Kill" the enemy, always spare them! You should only really have to rely on three things.
- When possible, avoid detection entirely
- Fully upgraded sonar goggles (if playing outside of Perfectionist)
- Sticky Noisemaker: This gadget can help lure enemies away from their position or towards your own for a non-lethal takedown.
- Tri-Rotor: The Tri-Rotor is extremely helpful as it can survey areas ahead, mark targets, and even knock out enemies with sticky shockers or sleeping gas.
- Smoke Grenade: This grenade can be used to create diversions, allowing you to quickly slip past enemies.
- Sleeping Gas: A personal favorite of mine, as it can knock out a group of guards immediately, rendering them unconscious.
- Proximity Shocker: This throwable proximity mine sticks to any surface and will knock out any enemies who get close - this is perfect for hostiles who are patrolling an area back and forth.
- Tactical Crossbow: If you have access to this pre-order bonus, it's sticky shockers are hands down the best non-lethal gadget in the game - the regular crossbow has noisemakers, EMP darts, and sleeping gas which is just as helpful.
Take note that there are certain missions that make you play a small portion of the level as Briggs or Grim. Killing enemies while playing as them does not void the achievement.