- Estimated achievement difficulty: 8/10
- Offline: 21 [600 ]
- Online: 17 [400 ]
- Approximate amount of time to 1000 : 30-40 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Glitched achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: No cheat codes
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes
Playing through the storyline on Hard difficulty can be taxing, but using the walkthrough below will allow even newcomers to the Splinter Cell series to avoid too many problems. However, be prepared to spend a lot of time on the online achievements and expect problems when aiming for Gold in the challenges.
With the option to replay a mission that you have already completed at any point in the game, none of the achievements are really missable. However, to avoid having to play through more than once I suggest setting the difficulty to Hard first time around.
Also be aware of the "Hero" achievement. Just bear in mind that at specific parts in the story your NSA trust level is more important than keeping the JBA happy, and that by fulfilling two of the requirements to unlock the extra mission you will also gain two more achievements.
1) The following links provide an in depth walkthrough for the game and where to post for boosting partners respectively:
2) First of all complete the simple training missions to get to grips with the controls of the game. Then start the story mode on Hard difficulty and use the guide above every step of the way to make your task a lot easier.
3) Remember to keep your NSA trust level high and try to be as stealthy as possible throughout so that you gain "The Invisible Man" achievement during any of the missions. Also remember in the second mission (Ellsworth Assignment) to use the crowd control shotgun on at least five guards.
4) Once you have completed the main story and earned all of the Offline achievements, be prepared for the hard part. First and foremost, find a partner to get all of the necessary wins on each map and work through those using the methods described in the main walk through.
5) The next task is to boost your stats to an average of 95%. Again, use the methods outlined in the main walkthrough. Perseverance is the key here: it may seem that your stats are not increasing at all but you are having an effect, it just takes a long time to reach the requirements.
6) Finally, find two people to earn Gold medals on all of the challenges. This is the hardest part of all as it requires a good deal of skill and there is no easy way to do it. Again, if you do not manage to get Gold on a mission, persevere and the achievement will eventually be yours.
Overall this game is extremely difficult to 100%. Most of the achievements are easy and just take time to earn, while others are just a matter of trial and error. If you feel that you are stuck on an achievement at any point, consult the achievement walk through as it contains everything that you need to know.
[XBA would like to thank Avenged Remains for this Roadmap]