- Starfield - All Skill Magazine locations
- Starfield - All companions locations guide
- Starfield - All Major Cities & Settlements Locations
- Starfield - All side missions and where to find them
- Starfield - Exactly how many star systems are there?
- Starfield - How to use the Jackpot Combination on the Almagest
- Starfield - How to level up fast (Xbox Series X|S)
- Starfield - Where to find the Mars Rover on Mars
- Starfield - Where to farm Membrane
- Starfield - Where to farm Lubricant and Biosuppressant
- Starfield - How to make lights work in an Outpost
- Starfield - How to craft a Supercooled Magnet (and all other rare items)
- Starfield - The best planet to farm Titanium; and the best storage you can build
- Starfield - How to farm Adhesive
- Starfield - Should you stay at the Lodge or go to the Eye in 'High Price to Pay'
Chief Engineer Achievement in Starfield
Modify a Ship
How to unlock Chief EngineerRather easy achievement, this. All you need to do to get it is to modify a ship, which can be done by visiting a Ship Services Technician, who are available at not only every major city, but most major settlements too.
The Ship Services Technician is usually found near the space port, whether stood by the Trade Authority kiosk in New Atlantis, or in his own little hut near the Akila City main gates on Akila. There’s one in most large places, you might just need to look for them. And like I said, they’re not just at major cities, but major settlements too: for instance, both Gagarin Landing on Gagarin in Alpha Centauri and the Red Mile on Porrima III in Porrima have one too.
Once you’ve found one, approach them, and say “I’d like to view and modify my ships,” and then, in the next screen, hit to open up the Ship Builder, where you can add and subtract parts to/from your ship. Make a change, save it, and get this achievement - you may as well add more storage, as it always helps.