- Estimated achievement difficulty: 9/10
- Offline: 41 
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 40-45 Hours [or more depending on failed attempts at 5 hour playthrough or difficulties with Akuma]
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 - Survival, Akuma, 5 Hour playthrough
- Number of missable achievements: Chapter Select available in New Game+ mode. But can miss 5 hour achievement if taking too long, and if you do any upgrades you will void the achievement for not upgrading.
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: No cheats.
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes. Must beat game to unlock more. New Game+ is available. Certain achievements much easier on casual setting.
- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: A few can be buggy, such as Agony Bolt Kills, or for killing 5 in a row without being detected.
- Extra equipment needed: Collectible guide.
- Online Pass Required: No
- Smartglass/Kinect: No support. Can check kills with smart glass, that's about it.
This game is considered a survival horror similar to Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, etc. They have added a mix of stealth and upgrades to the game. It's designed to be morbid, explicit with blood and death, and meant to stress you out. The game's camera angles, wide screen display, and closeness to your character are meant to make things difficult on you. It's much scarier when something is after you and you have a hard time seeing it. Below is a rundown of what to expect.
-Collectibles- You will need to collect 106 total. They do nothing but give you more storyline. There are keys to find too for lockers which unlock actual supplies. Follow a guide.
-Difficulties- There are various difficulties, other unlocking when you beat the game. You will be playing this game several times. If you want the Akuma difficulty unlocked, you must play it on Survivalist (at least).
-New Game+- A nice thing you can count on is the ability to start a new game with your upgrades and items. This is only good for chapter select. You can mop up misc achievements, grab collectibles, and upgrade your character to the max.
-Multiplayer- There is none.
-How saves work- You get an auto save while you play the chapters and hit checkpoints. You have a "save area" that you go into sometimes to make a manual save. If you reload a chapter your auto save will get deleted. Be careful when doing this.
-Achievement Tracking- The tracking does not show up in achievement tiles. They do accumulate even after death or reloads. This means if you like to knock achievements out of the way early, you can keep reloading your checkpoints for certain ones.
Step 1: Survival - No Upgrading
Before we can unlock any other difficulty, we must complete the game on one of the first two. Do not upgrade anything. Do not spend any gel. This will still be fairly difficult for most people. Once done, you unlock Nightmare and Akuma mode.
Warning: If you start on casual, you are wasting a playthrough. Your New Game+ can only be played on same difficulties or lower.
Step 2: Akuma Mode
The hardest achievement in the game is to beat this mode. You start from scratch, no new game+. You will die in one hit. You must make sure to take things very slow and get as much supplies/ammo as you can. Finding the keys will probably be a good idea too. Take your time and get the keys again to always have max ammo/equipment.
Step 3: 5 Hours Playthrough
You will have to now finish the game in under 5 hours. You can either do this on your new game+ casual with a fully upgraded character, or attempt it after beating Akuma and earning the Brass Knuckles which kill things, including some bosses, extremely quick. Most people use the upgraded character and skip the knuckles.
The game can be extremely difficult for people, though some can manage. If you want to give yourself the ultimate challenge, do Akuma mode without upgrading anything (it has been done before, considered as hard as Dark Souls). Completing the game will give you the feeling of accomplishment. Again, being a survival horror, you will die many times and the game can give you a feeling of stress or panic. Though there are good auto saves, sometimes there are sections you have to do over again that were a pain. Dying on the last enemy before a checkpoint can be frustrating.
[XBA would like to thank Tyger7 for this Roadmap]