- Estimated difficulty: 3/10
- Offline: 48/48 
- Online: 0/0 
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 15-20 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 [one Story and one Free Play]
- Number of missable achievements: None, you can replay any level
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty
- Glitchy achievements: No
- Unobtainable achievements: No
- Extra equipment needed?: No
“Good morning apartment, good morning doorway, morning wall, morning ceiling, good morning floor, ready to start the day”.
This is the latest installment of the popular Lego series of video games. This is based on the hit movie starring Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Will Ferrell, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson.
This Lego game follows the same formula as all the other ones, but is much simpler to complete than some of the later Lego games. This one is very reminiscent of the first games like Star Wars II and Indiana Jones. You should have 100% within 15-20 hours of game time.
In this game, you are Emmet Brickowski, an ordinary construction worker who is thrust into a world of adventure when he discovers a mysterious artifact called “The Piece of Resistance”. On his quest to defeat the maniacal Lord Business (Ferrell), he will encounter such characters as the beautiful and deadly WyldStyle (Banks), the blind but wise Vitruvius (Freeman), the over confident and egotistical Batman (Arnett), and the treacherous Bad Cop (Neeson), and achieve his ultimate goal of becoming “The Special”, the savior of all the Lego Universe.
Part 1: Story Mode
The first thing to do is play through the 15 story levels. While you do this, you can unlock some level-specific achievements and max out your stud counter. Don’t worry about the achievements or the stud counters or even the Golden Manuals and Pants on your first run through; all the levels are replayable and you will have ample opportunities to get them. Just concentrate on finishing each level. This step should take you an average of 6-8 hours.
Part 2: Red Bricks
Next, I would recommend finding some or all 20 Red Bricks as they will help you on your Free Play run. Now that you’ve completed the story, you should have characters available to you to help with your hunting. You will probably want to concentrate on unlocking a few stud multiplier bricks first as it is a domino effect and they will be helpful at purchasing other Red Bricks and even the rest of the characters. Follow the video for “Welcome To Bricksburg”. This step should take you approximately 2 hours.
Part 3: Free Play
Now is the time for free play. In this step, you will play through all 15 levels again to get all five Golden Manuals and one pair of Pants in each level (and to achieve ‘The Special’ if you haven’t already). Good thing is that you can skip some puzzles you would otherwise have to solve just by flying through the level. And, once you’ve gotten all the collectibles in a level, you can press and ‘Save & Exit’; no need to finish the level, shaving off some more time. This step should take you between 4-7 hours.
Step 4: Extras / Cheats
I have listed the cheat codes for the characters beside their names in each of the level completion achievements (those were the only cheat codes released for this game). If you so desire, there are some other cheat codes which unlock both characters and pants that aren’t unlocked in the game normally. These are 8-digit codes and can only be entered at the billboard to the left of the police station in Bricksburg.
- Angry Kitty / Construction Pants: 6LK78NN9 or HVLH63VL
- Blacktron Fan / Musical Pants: 6LKMNDHR or HVLLRX6R
- Johnny Thunder / Super Secret Pants: 6LK3FRL6 or HVL4TQT4
- Robo Pilot / Astro Pants: 6LK3RRY4 or HVL4TB94
There is also one 6-digit code for a character not unlocked in the game normally. The character is Vitruvius (Young) and the code is BC2XJ5. You enter this code through the ‘Extras’ menu.
Refer to this forum post for a listing of all the pants and what they do, plus a showcase video for them and the Wild West DLC characters and pants!
- Wrench: Emmet (any), Gail, Frank the Foreman
- Instruction Build Terminal: Emmet (any), Gail, Frank the Foreman
- Drill Points: Emmet (any), Gail, Frank the Foreman
- Pink/Green Jump Points: WyldStyle (any), Gail
- Silver LEGO’s: MetalBeard, Robo SWAT (Rocket), Robo (Demolition), Willy Fusebot, Demolition Guy
- Gold LEGO’s: Superman, Bad Cop
- Green LEGO’s: Green Lantern
- Rainbow LEGO’s: Unikitty, Queasy Kitty, Biznis Kitty, Astro Kitty
- Hack Machines: Benny, Astro Kitty, Wily Fusebot, Any Robo Character
- Set Fires: Caveman, Lady Liberty, Willy Fusebot, Kabob Bob, Tomahawk
- Put out Fires: Blaze Firefighter
- Secret Knocks: Vitruvius, Ghost Vitruvius
- Grapple Points: Batman, Wonder Woman
- Red Switches: President Business, Lord Business
- Flight: Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Ghost Vitruvius
- Bullseye: Batman (boomerangs), Superman (heat vision), Bad Cop (laser), Robo Skeleton (laser), any character with a gun (Emmet [Old West], WyldStyle [Old West], Benny, Deputron, Sheriff-Not-A-Robot, Robo SWAT, Robo Cowboy, Robo Fed)
Locations of Free Play levels
- Bricksburg Construction: Bricksburg Hub - To the left of the Construction Yard entrance.
- Escape From Bricksburg: Bricksburg Hub - At the top of the Police Station.
- Flatbush Gulch: Bricksburg Hub – Down the alleyway that is to the right of the Police Station.
- Flatbush Rooftops: The Old West Hub - In the center of the hub.
- Escape From Flatbush: The Old West Hub- From the Portal, back right of the hub next to the jail.
- Welcome To Cloud Cuckoo Land: The Old West Hub - From the Portal, to the right in the graveyard.
- Attack On Cloud Cuckoo Land: Cloud Cuckoo Land Hub - In the center of the hub.
- Escape From Cloud Cuckoo Land: Cloud Cuckoo Land Hub - From the Portal, down the steps and to the right, jump on the moving spaceship. The entrance is on the next cloud.
- The Depths: Cloud Cuckoo Land Hub - From the Portal, down the steps and to the right, jump on the moving spaceship. Then go down the slide on the right to the new area. Work your way across two clouds (the first one has a burning castle) and it’s next to the submarine.
- Infiltrate The Octan Tower: Cloud Cuckoo Land Hub - From the Portal, down the steps and to the right, jump on the moving spaceship. Then go down the slide on the right to the new area. Use the rainbow springboard to the next cloud and the location is on the left on the double decker couch.
- Put That Thing On The Thing: The Octan Tower Hub- After opening the big door, the entrance is to the left.
- Broadcast News: The Octan Tower Hub - After opening the big door, turn right and head down the hallway. In the next room, go straight ahead to the entrance.
- Back From Reality: Bricksburg Hub – Looking at the Construction Yard entrance, to the right is a rainbow springboard. Over the immediate fence is the entrance.
- Bricksburg Under Attack: Bricksburg Hub - Looking at the Construction Yard entrance, to the right is a rainbow springboard. Over the fence and to the area on the far right is the entrance.
- The Final Showdown: Bricksburg Hub - Looking at the Construction Yard entrance, to the right is a rainbow springboard. Over the fence and to the area on the far right under the bullseye sign is the entrance.
As stated above, this is a simpler and shorter Lego game than the later ones (especially Batman 2, Lord of the Rings and Marvel). I hope you enjoyed this refreshing change of pace. Congratulations on another 1000!
Thanks to AFGuidesHD, packattack04082, Rogue Echo, deathmule, Trophygamers, Skycaptinlol, ShockblastMedia, Riseofasoljatv and SafaTubeV4 for use of their videos.
[XBA would like to thank bLaKgRaVy for this roadmap]