- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
- Offline: 50 (1000 )
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000 : 30+ hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: Yes
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: N/A
- Glitchy achievements: None
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed? : None
The Sims 3 is the first Sims game on the Xbox 360 and what a great port it is. You control your Sims day-to-day life, where they work, where they live, what they eat, where they sleep, and their hobbies. You start off with nothing and you can work your way up to becoming a millionaire. All of the achievements are offline and most will come from simply playing through the game.
Step 1: Full playthrough:
You can theoretically get all of the achievements in one playthrough. To do this start a Sim family, I recommend starting off with two adults. Make sure you give at least one of them the Brave, Kleptomaniac, and Evil trait (Brave trait for But it's inflammable! and kleptomaniac and Evil trait for The Reviler). Turn aging off and then get the two Sims to marry and then have a baby. You can then steal candy from that baby five times for The Reviler achievement. After you do this let the baby age to a kid so you can then control him and get Child Prodigy. You then need to save a Sim that is on fire with a Sim who has the Brave trait. The rest of the achievements can now be gained by any Sim at any age and with any traits.
Step 2: Mop up:
The two longest achievements to get are Uberchallenging and Miracle Worker. For Miracle Worker use this guide here. For Uberchallenging use this guide here. Completing your lifetime wish and getting 250,000 lifetime happiness points will also take a long time as well, but you should unlock these while you are going for the other achievements. If your Sim doesn't have the Brave, Kleptomaniac, or Evil traits you could just buy "Mid life Crisis" for 20,000 lifetime happiness points and swap three of your traits for them. I have linked guides in the achievement guide for the more difficult achievements.
- As soon as you can buy "Iron Bladder", "Hardly Hungry", and "Dirt Defiant" with your lifetime reward points. To do this press > Sim info > lifetime reward points > Press . "Iron bladder" is the most useful because it will mean you never need to go to the toilet ever again.
- Writing books is a really good way of making money because once you make a book you will receive royalties for it every week on Sunday.
- You can meet and befriend co-workers and your boss while at work by pressing then and then select "Meet co-workers", "Chat at water cooler", and ""suck up to boss" options.
- If you spend lifetime happiness points it won't effect the lifetime happiness achievements in anyway.
- The business career is extremely easy to reach level 5 and level 10 in.
- Saving before attempting achievements like Epic Party is helpful because you can reload the save if you mess up.
- Challenge and wish progress carry on over all playthroughs. You have to save in order to save challenge and wish progress though.
- You will need the Brave trait to put out a Sim on fire and the Kleptomaniac trait to steal items.
- Moodlet Manager is a really useful reward to buy with challenge points. It costs 450 challenge points to buy and it will make it so your Sims negative moodlet's are instantly raised to full again. It can back fire but you can simply use it again to retry.
- While you are sleeping this is a great time to plan tasks you want your Sim to do when he wakes up.
This game is extremely time consuming to get the full 1000 but it is also really fun and addictive to play. The achievements aren't really difficult and you can get a lot of them without even trying for them. Don't be afraid to create a new Sim family because you will keep all of your challenge and wish progress you have obtained so far in the game. Most of all have fun and live your life, your Sim life that is.
[x360a would like to thank jamie1000013 for this Road Map]